I just put this into my 2008 F250 with audiophile and sub. Here are some notes from the install. It was pretty straightforward, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first-time install.
PAC C2R-FRD1 OEM interface
PAC SWI-JACK steering wheel interface
JVC KS-SRA100 bus coupler
SiriusConnect SC-C1 tuner module
Metra installation kit
Metra OEM antenna adapter
"Third Hand" (get this from harbor freight cheap)
Panel pry tool (get a set of these from harbor freight cheap)
1/4" ratchet with 7mm socket
Wire ties/electrical tape
- Allow yourself plenty of time, and make sure you have a plan before you start. There is a lot to keep track of
- Read all the installation instructions for all the modules before you start
- I made myself a checklist
- You can build the wiring harness inside. Then when you go out to the truck it's plug and play. I didn't cut any wires on the truck
- You NEED to solder the wire connections. This install added four additional modules plus fuses and wiring--it's pretty tight behind the dash
- Solder the OEM interface to the JVC harness. The wire colors match up, this makes it easy
- You'll need to connect the power and ground wires from the Sirius module, OEM interface, JVC harness, and steering wheel module together. Not hard, just plan for this
- The steering wheel module used one signal wire. The OEM harness had a "white wire" input that made connecting this easy. It did require soldering in a 100-ohm resistor (included)
- Mount your SIRIUS and GPS antennas and run the wires. I mounted mine at the top corners of the windshield, and brought the wires into the cab at the bottom of the door weatherstripping
- The bluetooth mike wire is BARELY long enough to allow you to mount the mike above the rear view mirror
- The OEM head unit comes out easy. Pop out the two plastic panels at the bottom corners of the center dash panel. Unplug anything (cigarette lighter, aux input plug, etc) that may be mounted to these panels
- Remove the 7mm screw behind each of these panels
- Carefully pop the center dash panel off. The blue panel tools really help!
- Unplug all the stuff on the center panel
- Remove the 4 7mm screws holding the OEM radio in, pull the radio out and unplug
- Work your pre-built harness in. There is room above the radio for all of the modules, you just have to mess with them until you get them arranged so you can get the radio all the way in
- Install the radio in the mount, plug everything up. Don't fully install yet
- Program the steering wheel control (get the vehicle-specific instructions from PACs website!!)
- Install the radio. Metra's instructions say to use 4 spacers at the screw holes. I didn't--I couldn't get the screws started with the spacers in there. No worries! It actually looks better, the radio doesn't stick out as much
- I don't think there would have been enough room for everything if I didn't solder the harnesses
- Plug everything back into the center dash, pop it in, then install the screws and lower panels
- Follow the JVC initial installation instructions
- Get yourself a cold one!
I got all my stuff from Crutchfield. Sure you can get some things cheaper elsewhere, but their support is great. I called their tech support before I started and ran through my plan. The tech gave me a couple of pointers and rearranged my original checklist a little bit. Worth every penny.
The unit works great!! Good sound, HD radio, nav with traffic, Sirius, bluetooth, and the steering wheel controls work great too. Hope this post helps someone!