Stock Sub harness help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 09:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock Sub harness help

I'm looking for help on identifying the factory wires located in the harness that attaches to the factory amp on the back of the sub box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are photos:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Results

Ok, so here are what each wire in the subwoofer harness is:

-purple/green (-) negative
-green/white (+) positive
-purple/red: sub amp turn on
-blue/red: power
-black/yellow: ground

I hooked everything up to a new 8" pioneer sub and rockford fosgate amp 300/1 and it all works great. I would say I have about 3x the bass performance, maybe more, than what the stock setup has. I'm probably not a very good judge in sound quality, but I know this is much better. It's not nearly what I had in my 2004 F250 with a 12" sub powered by a 1000 watt amp, but it's exactly what I was looking for. It's a mild upgrade replacing what is already there without having to run power lines and new grounds. I also ordered the amp remote gain control that rockford fosgate offers and mounted it below the front dash.

I have some new component 2ohm speakers for all 4 on the way that I will put in next weekend and will be dynamatting the doors. I'm just trying to improve from stock until I can plan out (and afford) a full-out high end system. Although, I may not do the high-end plan since this is already starting to sound much better.

Here are the sub and amps that I used:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.