Factory Sub and Amp Replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory Sub and Amp Replacement

Maybe this is already posted, but I couldn't find it.

I would like to replace my factory sub and amp using the original box as I'm only interested in improving my base, not shattering my windows!

I'm thinking about installing an 8" Kicker CVT, which apparently will be a perfect fit, or an 8" Kicker CVR with a 3/4" spacer ring.

Is there a replacement amp that will work by using the factory wiring harness (plug and play)?

Or do I have to go the long route by getting a sound processor, pre-amp, amp, etc..?

What's the easiest method of improving my base?

I have some experience installing sound systems, but like I said, I just want a slight improvement with the base, and I may upgrade the door speakers at a later date.

I had an '06 Duramax with the premium sound system. I upgraded the sound system in that truck by installing a digital Luxury amplifier from a Cadillac Escalade. There was quite a bit of wiring involved to do the conversion, but it was well worth it as the sound difference was night and day, using the same factory speakers and woofer.

It would be nice if there was a similar type upgrade available for our Fords.

Thanks in advance for any information/suggestions!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

im using a Rockford fosgate PBR300X1 amp now. it easily connects to the factory wiring.no extra routing of wires. works great 300W RMS and its tiny . heres a link for info.Rockford Fosgate® - PBR300X1.
And i am using a Rockford Fosgate P3SD410 sub,heres a link .Rockford Fosgate® - P3SD410
works great. good enough for me, i listen to AM radio 90% of the time anyway
Old 10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
im using a Rockford fosgate PBR300X1 amp now. it easily connects to the factory wiring.no extra routing of wires. works great 300W RMS and its tiny . heres a link for info.Rockford Fosgate® - PBR300X1.
And i am using a Rockford Fosgate P3SD410 sub,heres a link .Rockford Fosgate® - P3SD410
Matty, The speaker you put the link to is a 10 inch? Will that fit in the factory box? For some reason I thought 2011 came with 8 inch factory?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM

No I have a different box. You are right though they do come with an 8"
Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
No I have a different box. You are right though they do come with an 8"
Ok I gotcha I was looking into this like Bavanew thanks for the info If i can find me a box I am going to order that amp and speaker!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
EXCELLENT!!!

I'm going to look into this. Hopefully they have an 8" that will fit right in???

If nobody knew the context of this conversation, and read the above sentence, that could be very misleading!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Also, was the amp plug and play? Or did you have to splice into the wires? Or is there an adapter?

Thanks,

Bavanew
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavanew View Post
Also, was the amp plug and play? Or did you have to splice into the wires? Or is there an adapter?

Thanks,

Bavanew
there is a connector in the factory amp/sub box. just cut it off, run the +power wire and the - ground wire straight to the new amp then the signal wires and thats it. this new amp auto turns on and off so very easy install
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavanew View Post
EXCELLENT!!!

I'm going to look into this. Hopefully they have an 8" that will fit right in???

If nobody knew the context of this conversation, and read the above sentence, that could be very misleading!
I couldn't find a shallow mount Rockford 8" sub but Kicker makes one. I am thinking about doing this now. I'd like just a little more bass in my music without having to re-wire the whole truck and find room for amps and sub boxes.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colberjs View Post
I couldn't find a shallow mount Rockford 8" sub but Kicker makes one. I am thinking about doing this now. I'd like just a little more bass in my music without having to re-wire the whole truck and find room for amps and sub boxes.
Kicker is good and I believe kenwood makes one too which sounds good. That's all I wanted to is just a bit more bass for movies and stuff an it works great . Install took apx. 1 hour.the factory amp is already powered and grounded so use those wires and signal wires are already there and not need to run a remote wire to turn the amp on as it does it automatically . And it has the punch bass Knob too bring big bass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.