Bed Camera - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bed Camera

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer for a camera that could be mounted behind the cab on the lateral bed rail? Or a good website to look for something like that? I'd like to have something to help when backing towards the 5th wheel RV I tow as sometimes I have to hook up by myself. I already have a monitor (Magnadyne M1-LCD-2.) so I'd just need the camera itself w/associated wiring. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks -

also - the M1 head unit comes prewired to connect to a remotely mounted GPS module and display on the main screen. any ideas on finding something that would work for this would also be great. Thanks again.

- Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

You could get one that would go on your licence plate bracket and mount it you your head board. Farily common, just google aftermarket backup camera.

There was a member on here that was selling them but not sure where the thread was.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

If you've got the factory nav, which I think a King Ranch has stock, then this would offer a much cleaner install without having an additional screen. FORD LOCKPICKS

It lets you add up to 2 additional cameras, which they sell.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:16 AM

thanks - i'll check it out. I don't have the factory nav in my King Ranch but already have an aftermarket head unit w/screen (which i'm going to fit-check again right now) which is gps capable. i don't know much about what comes installed from the factory if you don't have the nav option selected - could the truck already have the necessary hardware to run a gps program but just not have it initialized as i didn't get the factory screened head unit? thanks again for any info.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Premium Member

From my experience the trucks are all wired the same but I don't know if they'd run a wire for the GPS antennae.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:32 PM
The Warden

If your putting an aftermarket HU in, there are a few other things your going to need. Is it a double vin. A lot of the double vin have camera capability. tell me your brand and model and I'll try to help or you can go to Crutchfield. com and tell them to outfit your truck
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM

You could save yourself the bother by just sticking a piece of chrome accent panel on the lower nose of your RV. Look in the "mirror" as you back up the truck.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:54 AM

I use a "stick" magnet on the center of the saddle, line that up with the mirror and king pin. As the king pin rides up the saddle it knocks the magnet forward and it drops out of the way.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 AM

i too am wondering if you can buy a factory dvd navi and would it just plug in...? also my buddy and his 05 f150 he did that bought a factory unit and it pluged right in...?? thoughts? thanks 3 thing i wish i would a got on mine is the KR 20's, sunroof, and the factory dvd navi
Old 12-29-2011, 01:26 PM

I have the Factory Nav and use the camera in tailgate.

I also added Edge CTS, It will also accept a camera, So I put a camera on the back of my trailer, and run the connection to my Edge CTS. So I have two displays. One for each camera.

The Edge CTS besides displaying the camera feed, Also monitors a lot of your trucks vital data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.