JL CleanSweep - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JL CleanSweep

So folks I am at a loss as to where to mount this massive thing.

Picked up a HD900/5 and a 13tw5 Sub and a Cleansweep, think I have it figured for the amp, but where to put this cleansweep that it wont be in the way yet close enough that i can have access to the volume control knob would be great.
Suggestions would be awesome. And under the drivers seat isnt an option because that is where i have my cell booster installed, Worse comes to worse I can move it but would prefer not to.

And where did you tie in to? I have the stock HU w/o NAV , but i have the sub. So I am pretty sure i dont have a speaker amp, just a sub amp.so right behind the Headunit seems most logical to me

I apologize if this is posted somewhere but i cant find it.
** On a side note, i do not have a under rear seat storage anymore, so not an option.

Last edited by grmreaper; 07-24-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Premium Member

I am going to mount it behind the rear passenger seat. and what I am going to do is extend the wires from the switch so to mount it up front on the dash or side of console. and im running all new wires to speakers / amp and head unit.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That seems like the way to go. I intented on running all new wires as well. That was until i ran into the 20pin plugs that run into the front doors, and i didnt have grommets and armor to be punching new holes in the door
Old 07-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got everything except the sub in last night. Waiting on my box to come in from SPL2K. But even with stock speakers it sounds 10x better. Be aware if you hook up a cleansweep w/o the dial it does max output. I cant turn my system past 6 notches without trying to ssend my speakers clean through the doors.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got everything except the sub in last night. Waiting on my box to come in from SPL2K. But even with stock speakers it sounds 10x better. Be aware if you hook up a cleansweep w/o the dial it does max output. I cant turn my system past 6 notches without trying to ssend my speakers clean through the doors.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Post some pics if you get a chance!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Will post some after I get my sub box and I can properly mount everything
Old 08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

grmreaper, I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

I am in the process of setting up my system in my 11'. I have the factory nav, which I am keeping. I am going to be using a JBL MS-8 in lieu of the clean sweep, but will be using the JL 900/5, JL 600/4, SPL2K box, BM MKIII sub, Hertz MLK 165 components up front with Hertz 5x7 2 ways for rear fill.

Is your head unit aftermarket or stock, if stock, is it the base model or Nav? I am curious where you guys are tapping in for the feed for you cleansweep, at the head unit or at the factory amp. Also, I had planned to run new wires for everything until I discovered the same thing as you in regards to the 20 pin plugs in the doors. Are you running stock speakers up front? If so, are you happy with the factory wire?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn
Old 08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine is stock unit. No nav. So i only have the sub amp. I think before the stock amp if equipped is the best place to tap cause you will get the cleanest signal. And i had just tapped right behind my deck. So at the splice headunit side to my clean sweep and then from my JL amp to the speakers at the other end of the splice. If you are running the nav . You tap your amp out after the stock speaker amp so your not trying to amplify twice.
Still running stock speakers, which are fairing quite well now that i set my crossover on my amp.
Ive run them pretty hard. Once you take out the lower frequencies they handle the power well.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

In saving some grief i dont recommend running 14ga speaker wire from your amp. This is all i had once i discovered i would not be able run new wire. It will all hide but is a waste of wire cause stock speaker wire is something like 20gauge. And because i didnt want to splice wires twice i connected the amp to all the speakers behind the headunit. Would have been a little prettier if i did not use the 14ga wire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.