back up sensors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
back up sensors

Guys, I just picked up a new 6.7 Lariet. I have 1000km on it (600) miles and the problems seem to have started already. Just minor, but still, should not be happening.

1) I washed my truck, and the seals on the rear doors leak. I have puddles inside my truck at both rear doors. Is this common.

2) after I washed my truck, my back up sensors go off while in reverse. Nothing behind me. I thought I must have some ice on them, so got out, wiped them off, ( they were clean, but wiped them anyway) and same thing. Every time i put it in reverse, they go off.

I had an 06 6.0 that can only ber described as an absolute disaster. Everything, not just the engine. Has Ford upped thier quality in all aspects, or am I in for another truck that visits my dealer weekly.

Thanks guys, any info is apprecidated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Mine is hit and miss with the sensors. I just turn them off. Ill ask the dealer about it on my first service. Maybe they have to be re-calibrated or adjusted to a different angle. Not too sure to be honest. I'm gonna read my manual today to see if there is something i can do myself.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Premium Member

my back up sensors to go off as well right after i wash it... usually by the end of the day or the next day it goes back to normal>
Old 03-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Still not normal operation with my back up sensors. they go off intermittently in reverse. They are telling me that something is there even when nothing is behind, next to, or near my truck. they arent reliable in my opinion. I still turn them off, and just use the nav to watch behind me. I took it to the dealer and they said it was "normal" operation. I beg to differ, but whatever. Ill ask that they replace the sensors next time i take it in for service. maybe that is what it needs.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine do the same, every time I put it in revers they start beeping.
Of course when I took it to the dealer they put it in reverse and nothing happend, I told them that wasn't normal, and asked if it was possible to turn them off for good and he said you have to manually do it everytime.

I walked back into the shop where they were changing the oil and asked the tech about it and he said that sometimes if the hitch sticks out too far the sensors will see it in just the right light and go off.

I think it is really retarded that you have to manually turn them off every time rather than having an option to kill them for good.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just picked up my 11 F450 this week. The sensors will definitely go off with an EQ hitch installed or with the tailgate down. My 10 was the same. Washing doesn't affect mine and I'm anal about clean trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.