How's the sound quality on the new stereo? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How's the sound quality on the new stereo?

Did Ford boost up the sound quality on their stereos from the 2005-2007 models? Reason I'm asking is that I put an amp on the factory speakers in mine and added a small subwoofer just to make it bearable. I like to have a little bit of low-end without being too much. I'm wondering if I should pull it all out of my truck now to install in the future if the new stereo is just as bad. I've seen somewhere that they added a subwoofer, but I could be mistaken. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IMO it sounds great but i will be adding a 10" sub for more bass
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Audiophile is the best the basic sucks! I spent 3 grand on all new stuff though alpine dvd nav and new doors and pillars and a 12 behind back seat
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yep I just picked mine up on Friday and I'm in love with the stereo. It does exactly what I needed. The 2006 stereo sucked - this blows it out the water. Thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 AM

If you have the premium sound system w/sub it sounds good with Serius...great with I-pod and excellent when you watch movie
Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How do you know if you have the premium sound? I have a new King Ranch drw with all options that I know of. Can I assume it has the premium sound system as well? It sucks compared the sound in my 08 King Ranch.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 PM

2011 Premium Audio vs. 2008 Audiophile Sound System:

Interesting note...the order guide shows the Audiophile sound system is a deleted option no longer available on the 2011. In essence, you can no longer order the Audiophile Sound System as it previously was configured.

The question is this: Is the new 2011 Premium Sound System with Navigation and HD Radio as good as the previous 2008 Audiophile Sound System?

The 2008 had separate twitters built into the new roof pillars as well as in the rear doors in addition to the back doors and the subwoofer. I can vouch the 2008 system is superb.

Has anyone compared the 2008 system to the new 2011 factory best sound solution?
Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Madd View Post
How do you know if you have the premium sound? I have a new King Ranch drw with all options that I know of. Can I assume it has the premium sound system as well? It sucks compared the sound in my 08 King Ranch.
Tweeters on the pillars...sub woofer behind the back seat....dvd player....etc
Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have an 08 w/ the audiophile sound system and am currently driving a 2001 w/ the NAV system. In my opinion, the 2008 system sounds cleaner, crisper, less muddy, and the subwoofer is more audible, but not boomy. The sound quality of the NAV system is a bit of a disappointment to me. I am going to order one and am contemplating skipping the NAV and just replacing the system in the new one.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 AM

JAScott:

Thanks for your feedback. I have a 2011 F350 on order and my experience from listening briefly to the Navigation Audio system in a 2011 at the dealer was that is was no where near the quality of sound from my 2008 Audiophile Navigation system. My 2008 is by far more crisp, clearer, well defined sound and actually best factory sound I've ever had in a vehicle.

Heck, we don't buy these trucks for a Navigation Sound System, but by darn, Ford charges $1850 list for the Navigation Sound System and by golly for that price, I expect it to match the quality of the 2008 and to get what is paid for.

Waiting for my delivery, I have downloaded all of the 2011 manuals to read up on everything. The Navigation Suppliment Guide is 208 pages long, almost as big as the truck manual. Most of it deals with all of the Synch stuff that I could really do without. I just expect high quality sound and a decent navigation system with some improvements to the 2008.

I also do not like the loss of the 6 disc CD changer. Yes, you can load the CDs into the Juke Box, but only by reading the data from the CD and not from connecting a USB cable from another source to copy the files in within a traditional file management system. If my understanding is correct, via the USB connection you can only read and play, but not copy, MP3s from another file source.

Last edited by wharrell; 02-28-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.