nav screen use in motion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion 6.7 Electronics Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nav screen use in motion

has anyone figured out how to make it to where you can use the screen and watch dvds while youre moving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstrokingmypp View Post
has anyone figured out how to make it to where you can use the screen and watch dvds while youre moving
I have seen them on E-bay they run around $250.00
Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Coastaletech - "lockpick" units. Worked great in my Chevy and I plan on getting one once my F350 comes in.

Although Ford didn't brain damage it as bad as Toyota and GM do when it motion. Also, you can use the voice activation to get around almost anything you need. Only thing oyu can't do is watch a DVD - which kind of is a bummer for the passengers, but I understand why they do it!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
PAC just released their NU-FRD1 to be compatible with the 2011 Super Duties. This will FULLY unlock the nav unit while in motion and even offer use of reverse camera at all times. Check it out.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

All Plug-N-Play
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 AM

I searched it on this forum once and found you have to move a wire in the main harness to ground and costs nothingI will have to try it again.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
I have a lockpick in mine now, it works great. Grounding the main harness will not work, its controlled by GPS not the parking brake anymore.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Air Assault!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
I have a lockpick in mine now, it works great. Grounding the main harness will not work, its controlled by GPS not the parking brake anymore.
It's now controlled by the CAN Bus and has been since 2008. Prior to this is was a simple ground the P Brake wire.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Looks like the PAC won't allow DVD in motion while the Lockpick will. I confirmed the Lockpicks will work on the 2011 Syncs.

FORD LOCKPICKS

So with the Lockpick you get nav address input in motion, DVD in motion and rear view camera monitoring in motion. Pretty cool for $239...

Probably gonna be one of my first mods; hopefully picking mine up tomorrow...it's been too long since I last Powerstroked! My Orange Country Choppers Excursion is long gone; I'll update my sig once the '11 is in the driveway...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Air Assault!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Looks like the PAC won't allow DVD in motion while the Lockpick will. I confirmed the Lockpicks will work on the 2011 Syncs.

FORD LOCKPICKS

So with the Lockpick you get nav address input in motion, DVD in motion and rear view camera monitoring in motion. Pretty cool for $239...

Probably gonna be one of my first mods; hopefully picking mine up tomorrow...it's been too long since I last Powerstroked! My Orange Country Choppers Excursion is long gone; I'll update my sig once the '11 is in the driveway...
The NU-FRD1 will unlock EVERYTHING as if the vehicle was sitting still. PAC's legal department does not want the website to list things that are illegal.

Again..... The NU-FRD1 will unlock EVERYTHING as if the vehicle was sitting still.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTonyT View Post
The NU-FRD1 will unlock EVERYTHING as if the vehicle was sitting still. PAC's legal department does not want the website to list things that are illegal.

Again..... The NU-FRD1 will unlock EVERYTHING as if the vehicle was sitting still.

Gotcha ya MPTonyT, I was just going off of the website info...they could say it does in motion DVD and that it may be illegal in your state, etc. but I'm smellin' what you're steppin' in... PAC makes quality product, and from what I've heard on the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep side of the house the Lockpicks work great on their rides. Either way it's nice to have a choice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.