Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Where did you tap in for line converter

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Larry1013 
#1 ·
My sub and amp came in yesterday and I want to install it this weekend. Where did you guys tap into the speaker wires for the line out converter? I know behind the radio is probably best but what color wires are the right ones as well?

#2 ·
Maybe these will help you locate the wires.....

Attachments

Reactions: ARS1
#3 ·
It's better to tap into the front speakers over the rears correct?

#4 ·
I am not an audio expert, so, I have no idea. Have you tried contacting some of the techs at a place like Crutchfield or your local stereo shop?

Here is the airing from the Audio Control Module to the Audio digital signal process module layout. Maybe here might be the source for the raw output?

Attachments

#5 ·
I'll have to look into it but it's my understanding that the output on the fronts is better for line out than the rears due to the range being greater than the rears.

#6 ·
The last diagram i posted is the raw signal prior to the signal being processed for any of the speakers, left, right, front rear or sub. I think if i were going to amp up a signal, i might not want a pre-processed signal.

Reactions: ARS1
#7 ·
@Larry1013 I found out today that I have a factory Sub... I didn't realize it because well it sucks! Can I tap in with the converter there?

#8 ·
I can't answer that for you. I would contact a stereo shop and see if they will provide you the necessary info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.