Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Overhead DVD

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Coreyciv95 
#1 ·
Greetings, has anyone installed an over head dvd player? If so are there any write-ups? I'm looking at doing this but not sure if it just needs to be held by the headliner or if it is strong enough.

TIA

#2 ·
Never have tried it but would think the weight of the unit would be a major consideration. I would go talk to the local stereo shop and see if you can get some vital info on the pitfalls. I would also use my fingers and search the internet for forums that might have a write up on how to do it.

Attached are photos of how to remove headliner from a CrewCab (4dr) truck. If you notice, is a lot of work to remove headliner.

Attachments

#3 ·
I was actually toying with the idea of removing the 2 sunglasses holders from my overhead console, and making a custom console insert to mount my CTS2 monitor in there. The CTS2 is really light so I don't think that would be a problem. Need to confirm the wiring is long enough to reach, though.

I currently have a pod to mount the CTS2 over the left A/C vent, but the pod doesn't fit my dash perfectly, and my dash mat won't fit correctly with the pod in place, either.

So, I might give this a try.

#4 ·
I installed a fold down monitor for my kids in the back seat. It was a simple install. In the middle of the ceiling right over the front seats there is a roof support. If you push on the headliner you can feel it.

I cut a 3"x3" square in the middle of the headliner. Used 24" mechanical fingers to route wires to the b pillar through the headliner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.