Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sync wont download phone contacts

787 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ATMResponseTruck 
#1 ·
All of a sudden I am missing half my contacts downloaded on to the Sync system. I have unpaired and repaired the bluetooth and done the master reset. I have also confirmed the contacts are on the phone and not the sim card. What is the problem and how can I fix it.

Thanks

#2 ·
I would suggest calling Ford Sync people

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)

Or sign onto a site such as TheDieselStop and send a pm to the FordIVTteam

#4 ·
I went to the dealership that I bought the truck from and had them check it out. They first tried to unpair and repair the phone. That didn't work. Next they tried to unpair the phone and do a master reset of the system then repair the phone. No dice. I now have a appointment with a service tech to completely delete sync are reinstall it. Good thing i'm still under warranty.

#5 ·
Well my Sync system was deleted and re-installed and ....... it didn't fix the problem. They messed with it for a hour or so after I was there to pick the truck up. They were even technically closed for some of that time. I was pleased with the service but not with the result. I was told to come back on Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving so the tech and I can work on it together. Of course I didn't make it back. On Saturday night I spent multiple hours going through my entire contact list deleting the multiples of the same contact that were linked together if that makes sense. On Sunday it still didn't work. But on my way home from work today, I got a text message from one of my contacts. It first showed the phone number then switched to the contact name! My contacts are now Sync'd! Pun intended. So whatever it did worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.