Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Two plugs on drivers side frame rail?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Waxy 
#1 ·
Two plugs on drivers side frame rail by the spare tire, anyone have any ideas what they are for? Sorry pics aren't that great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is your trailer brake controller (TBC). I just had my 5er hitch installed today but haven't looked underneath yet.

#3 ·
So if i could get a pig tail for it could i pull power for running lights and signals?

#4 ·
Wanting to add some lights to the truck w/o butchering the factory harness

#6 ·
it has the upfitter's just thinking it whould be easier to pull from out side the cab and uppfitter whouldn't work well if I end up needing signal's or brake lights.

#7 ·
Those are the plugs to add an auxiliary trailer plug outlet in the box of the truck for a 5th wheel. Ford sells an OEM plug and play kit.

To answer your question, yes, everything you need for supplying power for running lights and signal lights is right there. I'm not sure on where you'd source a pigtail separately, the Ford kit comes with everything including the new plug outlet and was around $100.

Waxy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.