Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

LCD Instrument Cluster

5K views 29 replies 6 participants last post by  brobaey 
#1 · (Edited)
Hopefully someone has an answer that may help me out. I upgraded from the standard instrument cluster on a 2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7 diesel to the LCD one from Circuit Board. Everything works perfect on it other than the mileage. When I had the original cluster and went to fill up the estimated mileage to empty would be around 650. Now if it hits 450 to empty I am lucky.

I'm just curious as to why it did this and if there was a fix. I did email with circuit board and they said it was programmed to my truck exactly as far as the size of the tank etc.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
How many miles do you actually get per tank when driving? I did this about 4-5 months ago and have not seen this problem, tho I haven't really looked as I don't look at that measurement much. Have you reset all of the MPG calculations. I would assume that the estimated mileage would be based off your recent MPGs. Do you have an after market tank? just hand calculating if you have a 37g tank which I think is the largest the 2011 can come with at 13.8 mpg you can only get 511 miles a tank. so while that is still showing more then the 450 its way less then the 650 that you would see. if you have an aftermarket tank its possible that they programed it what the VIN has listed for your build so its worth asking what size it was programed to.

#3 ·
It depends how I am driving on the gas mileage but with the old cluster it always was higher. The guys at Circuit Board programmed it to my VIN number so I would think it would be ok. They are looking into it but I figured I have been lurking as a member for a bit and would post and see if anyone say the same issue. I will get another picture after I fill up today just to show what it goes up to. The tank is a 37 gallon tank.

This is the only issue I have with the new cluster but its not really anything major just figured maybe someone had a fix or knew why.

#4 ·
Something else you can check, i forget where its at in the menus but the cluster should have a setting some where for trailer mpg calculations. see if you can find that and if its turned on

#8 ·
Code:
When I changed it to towing it went down. When I changed it back to normal since that is what I was doing it went back up.

sure looks like a shortbed vs long bed tank and a 17.3 ish mpg multiplier x tank sizes ?
It has the long bed so I'm not sure what to do. Right now Circuit Board was doing some research on it to see why its doing what it is.

#13 ·
So I filled up yesterday afternoon and it maxed at 450 again. I drove about 18 miles back home and then changed the DTE calculation from normal to towing then back to normal and it went back to 450 again. So it went from full 450, change to towing I believe it showed 436 to empty then changed it back after driving home and it went back to 450.

I think its programmed for a short bed like mentioned above.

Attachments

#18 ·
I think so too but it seems like they just want to explain it away that they did it right.

you could also check your dealer
and see if they can reset tank size

then on a gamble have them set yours to the 37 gallon or whatever the LB tank spec is

if it works pass the invoice to the cluster programmer ;-)

or best solution ;-) buy a Titan tank and then reprogram for the 50 plus it holds

myself I don't even look at mles to empty till i get low so while my 50 gallon tank is set at 26 I never notice the discrepancy on my 06 since I don't usually display miles to empty on my dash
I don't usually display it either but was curious that all I did was change the dash and it changed. The truck runs beautiful and since I've owned I have never let it go below half a tank.

what is your vin?
Sending a pm

#16 ·
you could also check your dealer
and see if they can reset tank size

then on a gamble have them set yours to the 37 gallon or whatever the LB tank spec is

if it works pass the invoice to the cluster programmer ;-)

or best solution ;-) buy a Titan tank and then reprogram for the 50 plus it holds

myself I don't even look at mles to empty till i get low so while my 50 gallon tank is set at 26 I never notice the discrepancy on my 06 since I don't usually display miles to empty on my dash

#20 ·
I had this same exact issue.

My DTe was much lower than before. Turned out I was given a cluster from a CCSB. My truck is a CCLB.

I ended up doing some tweaking with Forscan and when I got to the IPC tab, the parameter for fuel tank size said 26 gallon. I changed to 35 and the DTE was correct again.

Talk to Jason at circuit board medics. He and I had discussed this before as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.