Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Programming garage door opener

14K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  00blacky 
#1 ·
I've tried to program the visor garage door opener numerous times without any luck. I did buy the truck used. I've followed the directions, I've cleared the opener by holding the outside buttons. I can not figure this thing out. Anyone else have an issue with this? Or better yet, a solution?

#2 ·
PITA! I wish I could assist- I finally got mine programmed (no idea how) and I'm scared to death to mess with it. I followed the directions in owners manual several times. Cleared and started over, etc. if I remember- I think I finally watched a YouTube video to get it to take. Good luck and sorry I couldn't help but I'm sure someone on here will be able to! At least I bumped it to the top for you!

#4 ·
Are you sure your garage opener is compatible? You may have Homelink at home and Car2U in your truck?
On my 2012 F-250 Lariat Ultimate, the visor is not compatible with my Chamberlain MyQ. I had to get this:
https://www.amazon.com/Car-2-U-Reap...88264292&sr=8-3&keywords=chamberlain+repeater

It works fine now. The range is barely acceptable. I can push the button right as I pull in. Sometimes if I back in, I cant operate it without lowering the visor, pushing it, and then raising it. I have a normal 2-story suburbia home too, so nothing special. But it DOES work now and it's sufficient.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone!
AMG, that would be my problem. I have the same garage door opener. I never thought to look to see if they were compatible. Since the door and the truck are both fairly new, I just assumed that they should work. Thanks for the help!

#6 ·
I agree with AMG1978. Unfortunately, the range on these is ridiculously short. I've been tempted several times to put the old remote in the truck. I just don't want that ugly thing hanging on my visor.

I thought something was maybe wrong with my factory visor opener. But after talking with my dealer, and reading some other threads. Sounds like that's just the way it is. .

If anyone knows any tricks to extend the range of these things, I'd be interested to hear it.

#8 ·
I just picked up a used 2015. Cleared the homelink buttons then tried to program using the "Learn" button on the opener. It wouldn't work at all. I used the transmitter/homelink button simultaneously method and it worked first try on both garage doors (attached and detached garage). Never had that problem before.

#9 ·
I just ran into this issue this weekend. Tried programming my buddies gate to the shop and can't get it to link. He has a 15 F250 Lariat and didn't have any problems, but can't get my 14 to link??

My 04 Ex programmed no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.