Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Power locks don't work

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  petik 
#1 ·
Flooded truck, 2015 F-350 all power everything. Power locks on the truck do not work. The tailgate locks and unlocks and the alarm arms and disarms, but the actual door locks don't do anything. Is there a module that controls all of them that I can check? Already checked the fuses...thanks guys.

#2 ·
try these diagrams...might help.......but the locks might need the BCM replaced

Attachments

#3 ·
Apologies for my ignorance, is the BCM part of (integrated into) the interior fusebox?

#4 ·
Unfortunately don't have a diagram handy ATM. But I'd imagine there's a power door lock relay somewhere

#5 ·
Doing a little googling, it looks like the BCM is part of the interior junction box. Also seems easy to replace (all the wiring just comes on a bunch of connectors from the back). The lock relays are "non-serviceable" per the diagram from Larry.

Of course i'll try to verify the relay outputs before I go spend the money, but the wiring seems simple enough - if there isn't a lock output on the relay when i hit the button, the BCM is shot.

Question is...if I replace the BCM, does the ECU need to be reprogrammed to work with it?

#7 ·
Thanks, if that's really the case it would be very useful to know if it will still drive and just things like locks won't work or if it will be disabled completely. Since I'm already replacing injectors I'll have to take it to a place with IDS anyway.

#8 ·
the BCM/SJB does require programming when replaced. If the data can not be read from the installed BCM, the dealer would use the As-Built data for your truck VIN to program the new BCM. See attached document to see what parameters are programmable in the BCM.

Attachments

Reactions: kaya
#9 ·
Thanks very much. Seems I may be best off leaving the old bcm in and having the old values read out first if possible.

#10 ·
If you have a laptop or computer, you can get FORScan and a license (is free) and an obdii adapter, you can try reading the values yourself. You could then compare to the as-built data.

#11 ·
Cool, I already have auto enginuity with a ford license. Let me try that and see if I can get at it.

#12 ·
Verified today that fuse F20 is fine and the BCM does not output a signal to the lock actuators. I then connected AE to the BCM and got a bunch of stuff:

Body Control Module CAN 14229
U2100 Initial Configuration Not Complete
B1182 Consumer Device Authentification Failed
C1a56 Front Left Wheel Module
C1a58 Front Right Wheel Module
B1254 Climate Control Air Temperature External Sensor Circuit Failure or Right Rear (Outside On Dual Wheel) Tire Pressure Sensor And Transmitter Assembly
B1255 External Air Temperature Sensor Circuit Open or Left Rear (Outside On Dual Wheel) Tire Pressure Sensor And Transmitter Assembly
U3003 Battery Voltage
U0212 Lost Communication With Steering Column Control Module

These all come back even after clearing.

Some of these seem kind of odd, the first two almost make me think someone swapped this out before but never had it programmed. When I interrogate the BCM for remote key programming it says it's not authorized. Does it seem like this BCM has been programmed for the vehicle? Any idea on the others codes as well? (two on the wheel modules, climate control or tpms and air temp).

Trying to figure out if I need to order a BCM or have it programmed - that said I'd hate to go pay labor for programming only to find out it's shot.

#13 ·
Was a combination of BCM connector (only) and door lock actuators. The water got them all stuck. Once I cleaned the connector and took apart each actuator and forced the little electric motor inside to spin, they're back up and running and all locks work.

Reactions: kaya
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.