Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

intermittent squeak

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  DavidPhillips 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I'm experiencing an intermittent squeak at idle, it sounds like a bearing going and it seems to be coming from the right side.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas?

#2 ·
Is it right after a cold start and last about 10-15 minutes? If so, it sounds like your idler pulley. Mine started every time the truck sat for a few hours and it sounded like a nest of birds were under the passenger side of the hood. There is a TSB for it. It took four hours in the dealership and no more chirping.
Hope this helps
Shinny

#3 ·
Thanks! Do you have the TSB?

#4 ·
Try 07-23-09. I found it on another forum and my dealership knew about it.

#5 ·
Dealership says the issue is a belt, idler pulley, and tensioner. They admitted that there is a service bulletin out regarding this.....but tell me that I am off warrantee, so it's my dime.

Bracing for another fight with Ford....

#6 ·
Good luck. I hope it works out in your favor

#7 ·
No Dice....

#8 ·
Which warranty are they saying is out? 3/36k or 5/100k?

I'd try another dealer.

#10 ·
The word I got was from Ford Canada not the dealer....

I have the same problem, and the dealer is supposed to be ordering the part, but how long before it breaks?
Mine never actually broke. I think it developed and hung on for about 10,000km. I had it checked a few times before they found it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.