HELP DPF sensor! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 407F250 Send a message via Skype™ to 407F250
HELP DPF sensor!

i got my delete pipe in today and i cant get the egt sensor out of the rear of DPF i got all the other sensors out fine has anyone ran into this problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 407F250 Send a message via Skype™ to 407F250
i cant move the truck till i get this puppy in its no start
Old 04-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
bump...........
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
try heatin it up a little? heat always makes stuborn stuff agree a little more
Old 04-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Emergency Services

The fittings are 13mm. I used a 1/2" (12.7mm)line wrench on mine. It take a little more work to get the wrench on the fitting, but it fits much snugger. That should help keep the wrench from slipping off and rounding the fitting. When mine finally broke free, I would swear that it simply snapped off the pipe, because that is about the sound that it made. It was a loud "CRACK!" and then it was finger tight. It is just about ridiculous. WTF do they put them in with?? Anyway, a little heat might help. After all the sensor can handle like 1800 degrees without breaking a sweat. Make sure you put some anti-seize on the fitting before you install it in your new pipe.

good luck
Old 04-15-2009, 07:49 PM

i had the same problem but i rounded mine off so we tried to lower my exhaust a little to get to it easier and the whole thing came down to fast and ripped the wires out of the sensor so i called john cobb at cobbs diesel and he gave me the part number so i ran to ford and got another one and put her in the new exhaust and she was good to go ha ha
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibenson View Post
The fittings are 13mm. I used a 1/2" (12.7mm)line wrench on mine. It take a little more work to get the wrench on the fitting, but it fits much snugger. That should help keep the wrench from slipping off and rounding the fitting. When mine finally broke free, I would swear that it simply snapped off the pipe, because that is about the sound that it made. It was a loud "CRACK!" and then it was finger tight. It is just about ridiculous. WTF do they put them in with?? Anyway, a little heat might help. After all the sensor can handle like 1800 degrees without breaking a sweat. Make sure you put some anti-seize on the fitting before you install it in your new pipe.

good luck
yeah what he said. i actuall broke a snap on line wrench on one of the fittings because it was so tight. i had to get the bung thats welded in the pipe red hot several times before it came loose. sucks bad. put high temp antisieze on it so if you ever have to take it apart again.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Emergency Services

I took the entire DPF/Cat out with the sensors in place the first time. It took some careful work to get it out without damaging the sensors though. Then I could work on it on the shop floor. Now, I have the sensors anti-siezed, and I didn't put them back in 6-foot-cheater-pipe-gorilla-tight. Now I remove them on the truck, then take out the DPF/cat. and vice-versa.

Also, I said line wrench, but actually it was a crow-foot wrench and a 3/8" breaker bar. It is a bit stronger looking than a line wrench.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:57 AM

www.CobbsDieselPerformance.com

For about $75 you can just get another sensor and not have to worry about taking the old sensor out. Some of the early Job 1 trucks actually had that sensor cross threaded from the factory, and then add 20 or 30 thousand miles and those sensors don't come out gently.

Give John a call about the sensor. He'll hook a brotha up.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM

I have a ? regarding the pressure sensor, which looks like it has a short rubber hose on a hose barb. Does it slip off the hose barb after being baked on for thousands of miles? or is it tough to get off without breaking it. I dont want to remove the hose barb out of the DPF.
The other 2 sensors were easy to break free on mine, and I antiseized them so when I finally get the delete kit it will be easy to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.