Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NO Brakes!!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  po-po 5.0 
#1 · (Edited)
My boss just called me...he almost got into an accident when he lost all his brakes!

He's waitin on a tow truck now, but I'm just wondering what could have caused this? I couldn't imagine pulling up to a busy intersection with no brakes:doh:

His truck is a 2008 F-350 6.4L, Crew cab short bed King Ranch. Said he had the pedal to the floor, nothing. Maybe the Master Cylinder? I'm wondering what the result will be at the dealer...

any ideas?

#2 ·
here's an update. The tires wore through the brake line and I guess over time all the fluid pissed out, which led to this...

#4 ·
Actually that's where it's messed up, it came with 18s, but he upgraded to STOCK 20's on the stock tire size. :dunno:

#5 ·
Which brake line was it? If they are not positioned correctly, that can happen.

The slack in my front drivers side brake line was mistakenly put in FRONT of my track bar bracket (instead of behind) which allowed the line to feed through that metal holder, pushing towards the tire. Fortunately the lines were stainless and I caught it before it did anything more than wear off the protective plastic over the stainless.

#6 ·
It was one of the front...not sure which side. Talked to him today and he said Ford didn't want to cover it. It's sort of understandable but when he looked at the other 08s on the lot, his was the only one with the screwed line:tard:
Long story short they will cover it under warranty...

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.