cab heaters - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cab heaters

im not sure because its my first cab / block heater , but it doesnt seem to do sh*t.. and my fan seems to run alot. i can idle for more then 45 seconds and my idle kicks up and fan runs. is this normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadf350 View Post
im not sure because its my first cab / block heater , but it doesnt seem to do sh*t.. and my fan seems to run alot. i can idle for more then 45 seconds and my idle kicks up and fan runs. is this normal
Cab heater? Block Heater? Which is it? Do you have the "Rapid heat" option? I presume you mean the engine cooling fan as oppsoed to the cab heater fan?

If its the cooling fan, my truck does the same thing30-45 seconds of idling and th idle kicks up with the fan, even though the engine is cold. I think this high idle is a feature to protect the turbo or the EGR from "coking up" from the cold exhaust.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

im sorry , maybe i dont even know what i have ..lol. my window sticker says supliment cab heater / and on another line it says i have a block heater.. i have plugged her in she seems to start faster but still no cab heat right away .. and what is a supliment cab heater ???? also yes my engine cooling fan cycles like crazy warm or cold .. defrost on or off it doesnt seem to matter.. just wondering if it was normal?? its my first diesel ....thanks for the info
Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The "block heater" is what you're plugging in, and warms the engine coolant. Helps with cold starts but does not preheat the truck to any temperature that would be considered "warm" when trying to use the heat. Turns a winter day's start into a 60F degree day start, if that makes any sense.

The supplemental cab heat is an electric element in the heating system (the air blowing out of your vents when you turn the heat on). It is not as obvious as you'd think it would be. When the truck is cold, it's barely noticeable. In my opinion, it just allows you to have heat before the truck is up to temp... but it does not seem to compensate for the first 5min when the engine coolant is overnight-cold.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks thats what i was thinking / read in the manual... but thanks for informing me better... i would have to say its fine , with the info u just gave me.. i was expecting warm air at start up, because of these features but its seems to me it just wont happen.. thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.