Fuel MPG - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to kdskip
Fuel MPG

I just bought a new 2008 F250 CC 4x4 6.4L getting about 10 mpg any idea on improvements without adding a programer.Fuel MPG-f250-2008.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdskip View Post
I just bought a new 2008 F250 CC 4x4 6.4L getting about 10 mpg any idea on improvements without adding a programer.Attachment 7901
New truck.....the more miles you get on it the better...to an extent. Try to keep the RPM's at or below 2000 while cruising. Try the Ford diesel additive...either the anti-gel or the performance improver. When accelerating try not to go over 20 psi of boost. Check your tire pressures often. Watch stop lights to know if you can roll through or have to stop. I get 13-15 empty which I guess isn't too bad considering my truck. I get 8-10 towing 14k. I got a Spartan tuner now, so I will see what happens...hopefully good things. Hope this helps....

Brad
Old 02-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kdskip
Thanks for the info. Thats what I thought to, for now just keep driven and see whats happens
Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't drive it in 4x4 on the highway.

Keep a logbook, don't trust the MPG display.

Buy fuel from a different source and compare. Winter diesel and summer diesel produce much different MPG.

You say nothing about how it was being driven to produce 10 MPG. Depends on what you are towing but that might be good MPG for towing.

As a rule of thumb the most efficient HP is produced at 2,000 RPM. That doesn't say 2,000 RPM is where the best MPG can be hand. It means that is where your HP is the cheapest. Accelerate at about 2,000 RPM for best economy. Being too light footed may be producing results contrary to what you were expecting (but not 10 MPG worth).

Cruise control at 60 MPH today with two dirtbikes in back I saw 18.8 MPG on the fool computer. 15 miles of traffic lights sucked it down to 16.5.

Pulling a friend's toy hauler at 70 MPH produced 7.5 to 8.0 MPG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.