Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Deductable??

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  cj performance 
#1 ·
Hokay..quick question.

BAck around Christmas time the truck went in for a EGR related problem...no power wouldnt go above 50km/h. During this time the Ford dealer some how fried the pcm and ecu. Ater 3 weeks i get the truck back and it's running top notch.

Here's my question... i get a invoice in the mail the other day for $100. Apparently it's the deductable for the warranty work they did.

The truck is not even 2 yrs old and at the time had around 84,000kms

I looked in the warranty giude and couldn't find anything on a deductable for the 5 year powertrain/emissions warranty.

A little help...?:crazy:

#2 ·
$100 "deductable" is standard :thumb:

#4 ·
There is no $100 deductible on the 6.4. I called Ford to verify this. They did away with it in 2007. Some dealers have kept charging it to see if they can get away with it. Get your money back.
If they argue with you, tell them to show you where it says there is a deductible.

#9 · (Edited)
They tried to charge me $100 last week for a CAC. No way man. That's the old trucks not the 08. Get your money back.

The warranty guide on page 3 states..

You will not be charged for repairs covered by any applicable warranty during the stated coverage periods, unless specifically stated elsewhere in this guide.

...Here is a catch though, you may be charged tax depending on your state laws.

#10 ·
truck got new intercooler and 2 injectors. they were trying to charge $100 deductible. Went back and forth with service adviser on the issue. just called and said "on pg 3 of the warranty guide it says there's no deductible."
all of a sudden she remembers there's no deductible! god i love the org.
Thanks David.
-clark

#11 ·
great info on the no deductable otherwise i would have paid it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.