Finally think we have found the culprit for my issues with the truck after H&S instal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally think we have found the culprit for my issues with the truck after H&S instal

So after the local ford dealer couldnt figure out the issues and said everything was "fine". took the truck to Rudy's diesel in Durham (3hr drive). They first ripped the DPF off and tossed the 5'' exhaust that I had sitting in the back seat to rule out that the DPF was clogged up.. after they did that they were able to see that the truck was having issues with the Low pressure pump. Now comes the waiting game for approval from my extended warranty company so they can order the new pump and get it installed on the truck. overall I am happy so far even though I have been without a truck for 3 weeks over the past month (2 weeks at ford and now 1 week at rudys). Hopefully they will have it on the road next week (mon/tues is what I am hoping for as I need it to get to my VA appointments.) Was tempted to just have them do a Airdog but david their service manager said that I will have more issues with the Airdog than I would a OEM (oem is around 530.00 airdog is around 700+labor). I am sure I have been a bit annoying calling in each day to find out if they found any issues. and now I am sorta doing the same just to help if at all possible with the warranty claim. So David and the staff of Rudy's I do apologize for being annoying I just need this truck to get to medical appointments can get a bit frustrating especially after only having the truck for 3 months and putting 6K miles on it.

So for those who need work done I do recommend Rudy's as they are able to find those issues that a lot of ford techs are too lazy to really dig deep into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just got the call warranty company gave them the green light to change out the LPLP I just have to come out of pocket 469 bucks for some other stuff that was not covered sadly.. guess Ill have to push some plans aside for finishing up the truck a few months. now hopefully I can get the truck back next week.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just got the call from rudy's.... sadly the LP pump was not a fix for the issues. it helped but its still seeing fuel drop.... hopefully its something else simple as I need the truck back for work but it looks like that may not be the case. this is now the 4th time the truck has been to a shop (first 3 were the ford dealership and they said its "working as intended" and didnt really do anything to it... rudy's has since replaced the DPF, Low pressure pump and it helped a bit but its still falling on its face). Hopefully its not the HPFP and injectors because thats another huge downtime + the worries of my warranty company saying sorry not going to pay as we have already replaced xxx amount of dollars in work on this truck. crossing my fingers
Old 08-05-2014, 08:25 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
keep the updates coming.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Premium Member

Sorry you may have previously stated.. but what problem were you having, or what problem were you trying to fix? Codes?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

P0087 and the low rail code truck was falling flat on its face under boost and such
Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

what a let down

fingers crossed
Old 08-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Killer View Post
P0087 and the low rail code truck was falling flat on its face under boost and such
OK thanks man.. sorry to make you repeat if you already posted...

Question though, were you having the same issue before the install of the DPF delete and tuner? The reason I ask, is I saw and had the same thing happen with the H&S on, but when removed and put back to "stock" with stock exhaust there were no problems.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yes only occurred with the tuner on even before the dpf delete. the thing rudys and H&S is saying is that with even the stock tune on the H&S it bumps the power up a bit and this can show the fuel drop issue
Old 08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just talked to Rudy's... HPFP failed as well hopefully warranty company covers it if not truck will be traded in as I can't afford a 4k repair bill on a very fixed salary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.