White smoke after delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
White smoke after delete

Hey guys, just did a dpf delete over the weekend. Truck was running great just cruising down the road, but when I went to give it some throttle (a little over halfway) turbo spooled up to almost 40 and then truck went into limp mode, and started blowing white smoke everywhere. I'm using the dpf-r 4.0 with no additional horsepower tune (I know this isn't the best option, but at the moment its all I could afford..) I do not have egr block off plates installed and gearbox z is saying this is the problem, anyone out there have any ideas? I'm just not buying the block off plate solution..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 06:06 PM

I have the DPF-R 4.0 installed also. No EGR block off plates yet. I have been running this way for about a month now, and have not experienced a problem like this. Did you get a CEL? You can read any codes with the DPF-R.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Only code it was reading was P1000 then asked if I wanted to reset all DTC's
Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM

P1000 is normal after tuning from what I have read. Did you check under the hood? Are you leaking coolant anywhere?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No coolant loss that I have found. I'm almost wondering if it isn't overloading on fuel. Maybe a bad tune from the tuner?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:37 PM

I could be wrong (I'm no mechanic), but I think that if it was overloaded on fuel, the smoke would be black... How much have you driven the truck since you did your deletes? You can always revert back to stock - don't start the truck, and reload the tune. Are all of your sensors plugged in? They don't have to be back in the pipe, just make sure they are all plugged in.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I have all the sensors plugged in, they aren't in the pipe, and I did the revert back to stock and reload the tune (it was the only way I could get it out of limp mode. Tune has been on for about 4 days now
Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 PM

Ok. Is the truck running OK now? I did a quick search and found that the EGR valve may be a cause. Also, was it raining or humid? Some people have reported that their truck blew white smoke during rainy or damp conditions. Do you have the option for the economy tune with the DPF-R? ( the 4.0 + model). I believe that tune shuts off the EGR valve.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Truck will run ok until I get on it again, this has happened three times now. And my tuner does not do any Hp increase, I wasn't looking for added power, only more reliability haha, looks like that got me far!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:12 PM

Oh man, that sucks!! What year is your truck? Is it possible that you have some water condensation in the inter cooler pipes? Since my mechanical abilities and knowledge are severely limited, i'm running out of ideas... I'm not sure that I buy the whole EGR block off plate solution either...I did run the stock no DPF tune for a while and towed a 14k trailer with it. My boost was up there a few times also, and I didn't have that problem, and I haven't got the EGR plates yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.