Deceleration Noise (Not Grinding) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Deceleration Noise (Not Grinding)

I noticed the other day that my truck was making a weird "unloading?" noise when I let off the throttle after moderate to hard acceleration. Almost sounds like a loud blow off or something, a rush of air. It sounds like at coming from the passenger side under the hood. Not too sure what it could be. I checked the boot for my air intake and it seems tight. I have an aFe stage II with PG7 filter, H&S Mini Maxx and MBRP 5" straight pipe from the down pipe back. Also a Flo Pro EGR delete. I never noticed the noise until a couple days ago so it think it just came up recently. Any idea what this could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How cold was it? I had something similar but I could tell mine was coming from the turbo since my gauge was telling me i was putting way to much boost for what I was doing. My truck sat outside all day in below freezing temperatures. The morning temp was -2. Is you truck still doing it? From what I found online that it might be my EBP sensor or tube. My unloading noise when away after my truck warmed up a bit.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneff89 View Post
How cold was it? I had something similar but I could tell mine was coming from the turbo since my gauge was telling me i was putting way to much boost for what I was doing. My truck sat outside all day in below freezing temperatures. The morning temp was -2. Is you truck still doing it? From what I found online that it might be my EBP sensor or tube. My unloading noise when away after my truck warmed up a bit.
My truck is still doing it. It is not too cold now, maybe around 60 degrees. It was in the 40's but it was doing it a little before then. It seems like it has gotten a little louder. I could just be imagining that though being paranoid.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If its a whoosh its just your turbo. If you build lots of boost then let off all that pressure has to go somewhere. Its not your ebp that's a whole other story
Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
If its a whoosh its just your turbo. If you build lots of boost then let off all that pressure has to go somewhere. Its not your ebp that's a whole other story
I figure it has to be something with the turbos like you said. I have always heard them when I let off the throttle but it is so much louder now. I can also hear them spoil a lot more than I have before. The boost levels seem the same as they usually were. Around 10lbs cruising at 70mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.