Head Gasket, What Else? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Head Gasket, What Else?

I'm pretty sure my head gaskets have finally went. I've noticed coolant specs around the bottle. Put a new cap on the degas bottle and topped the coolant up. I haven't hit any high boost, I think it leaks at high 30 PSI. If the new cap still leaks I will get the coolant tested and pressure test to verify.

If it is what I expect I will be doing the heads myself. I have $4000-$5000 to spend, I'm not looking at adding big HP parts but more long term reliability. Truck has 300 000km on it now and I want another 300 000km +. My mods are full EGR delete, Tuner, Intake, CAC Pipe, Turbo back MBRP exhaust. Where will my money go best to, now remember I need about $1000 in machining. Saying the heads are reusable. Here is what my parts list is now, but I am totally up to opinions .

ARP Studs, Factory Gaskets.
Stainless Steel Manifolds
Stainless Steel Up pipes with waste-gate
Chromolly push rods and high rev springs with new lifters.

I figure that gobbles up my $4000 pretty quick and would make the truck last longest and run cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
recommend

On Top Of What Your Already Doing Make Sure Your Machine Shop Puts New Valve Guides They Are Known wear Bad Also You Might Want To Look At Replacing The Rocker Assemblies.On More Thing The Injector lines Are One tIme Use Only.When U Take Them Off Youll Have To Get New Ones This IS Due To The Type Of fitting thEy Use To Seal The Lines. You Don't HAve To Do These Things Im Jus Giving You A Heads Up.

Last edited by powerjoker12; 01-31-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.