Stop Safely Now... WTF? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stop Safely Now... WTF?

Has anyone experienced this? It has happened to me twice and my wife once. The manual say's it is a exhaust over temp. All three times have been under normal driving conditions. (no towing, getting on it, etc) Basically the vehicle reduces power and when you try to find a safe place to stop shuts down. Keep your speed up because once you go below 3 mph is when it shuts down.

1st time I got it to restart after about an hour.
2nd time it was towed to the dealer ($235.00 tow bill ) No crank at dealer when towed in... Started in the morning.
3rd time I used my Diablo and cleared a couple of codes (P200E Unknown, P2002 Particulate Trap efficiency below threshold bank 1 and P0297 Vehicle over speed condition )

The 3rd time was yesterday and today I got a check engine light again with the following (P2002 Particulate thing again and P1000 OBD system readiness test not complete.)

I love the truck but these gremlins are a PITA

Any ideas??????

Last edited by BJB; 07-27-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are you running that Diablo with the DPF still on the truck?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart View Post
Are you running that Diablo with the DPF still on the truck?
Yes. I am only running the 80 hp tune. And with the Diablo tuner I can raise the speed limiter.

Sorry about the added thread I just found this one;
STOP SAFELY NOW
Old 07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Jon

Stop Safely Now

If I remember right its been an issue with one of the EGT sensors. I've heard Scuffy talking about it. Maybe he will chime in. I know he's fixed several with the issue.

Last edited by Jon; 07-27-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
If I remember right its been an issue with one of the EGRT sensors. I've heard Scuffy talking about it. Maybe he will chime in. I know he's fixed several with the issue.
Thanks Jon, I just sent Scuffy a PM looking for his advice
Old 07-27-2008, 06:38 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

the p2002 is usually caused by an aftermarket air filter , the 200e is a egt overtemp code , not saying it has actually had a concern, what ive found in 3 trucks is the last sensor in the exhaust , technically called egt sensor bank one sensor 3 , is sending bad info to the pcm , a wrong temp input and the pcm goes into failure mode and does what are talking about , the tests they run may say it all passes , i spent quite a bit of time on the first truck with the problem, and until i replaced sensor which in fact tested good by ford specs , the truck still acted up, i just took a hunch and tried the sensor and it fixed the concern, the next two truck fioxed the same way , take it in and be adament about having a proble, dont let them tell you its normal , as far as the not starting for an hour thats what its supposed to do in failure mode , one you shut it off , wont crank for an hour , that makes sure it has cooled down
Old 07-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
the p2002 is usually caused by an aftermarket air filter , the 200e is a egt overtemp code , not saying it has actually had a concern, what ive found in 3 trucks is the last sensor in the exhaust , technically called egt sensor bank one sensor 3 , is sending bad info to the pcm , a wrong temp input and the pcm goes into failure mode and does what are talking about , the tests they run may say it all passes , i spent quite a bit of time on the first truck with the problem, and until i replaced sensor which in fact tested good by ford specs , the truck still acted up, i just took a hunch and tried the sensor and it fixed the concern, the next two truck fioxed the same way , take it in and be adament about having a proble, dont let them tell you its normal , as far as the not starting for an hour thats what its supposed to do in failure mode , one you shut it off , wont crank for an hour , that makes sure it has cooled down
Thanks Scuffy I'm going to print this out and off to the dealer I go
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I went to the dealer this morning (Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor) and I think the Service Manager was just as excited as I was when I told him someone on the Powerstroke forum has seen this at least 3 time before. I asked him if he would order the EGT sensor that was thought to be the problem and he said "hell yea we will replace that". I have been treated very well at this dealership. I will let ya all know if it in fact fixes the problem. I'm betting it does

Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

You got a dealer that overlooks the tuner? Congrats on that one.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB View Post
Well I went to the dealer this morning (Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor) and I think the Service Manager was just as excited as I was when I told him someone on the Powerstroke forum has seen this at least 3 time before. I asked him if he would order the EGT sensor that was thought to be the problem and he said "hell yea we will replace that". I have been treated very well at this dealership. I will let ya all know if it in fact fixes the problem. I'm betting it does

Thanks again for the help.
Thanks for the info about Varsity Ford, I deal with Spirit Ford in Dundee and have never had them fix anything right the first time and they always give me a line of b.s. just to get you out the door.

Even when you bring something in for a recall they will try to charge you for something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.