Tree Damage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tree Damage

Hi everyone,

So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with tree damage. I was, ironically, taking my '08 250 to get detailed and while sitting in a turn lane on the road, a tree decided to split in half and fall across the roof and bed. No damage to me other than being shaken up a little bit. It's still drive-able and didn't really feel different while moving. Just smelled a lot like wood chips on the way home

Does anyone think it might repairable? Frame damage likely? Totaled? Just curious... still waiting on a visit from the adjuster.

If the link below doesn't work, let me know and I can post pictures to the thread.

Pics: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...3D2938A71C!476

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It doesn't look like it took to bad of a hit, I would say that there wouldn't be any frame damage by the way the tree fell, it kinda looks like the tree slowly fell and just rested on it. Now with that said there is a little roof damage and some insurance companies don't like that at all. And with most companies I think that the repair bill has to be greater then 75% of the value of the vehicle. A crushed roof or pillar damage is considered totaled a lot of the time. But who knows it's all up the the adjuster, good luck with it anyhow.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks! Just doing the waiting game now. It definitely didn't sound like it came down slowly while I was sitting in the thing It seems like the bulk of it came down in the bed, but there was still a good bit on the roof.

At least I was still able to drive home and calm down with an adult beverage or three.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

I guess it didn't help the roof any having a firefighter walking on it, but it got him right to the tree branches to cut them back. If it's already damaged and it's going to have to be fixed, what the heck, right? I hope the insurance company takes care of you.

Is the tree managed by the city or county? They might have funds to help with repairs like that. I don't know, but it may not hurt to ask.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The fire dept. did a great job given the position of everything. They did their best to cut the tree away without adding to the damage. The dude standing on the roof didn't really add to it. From what I gathered from the cop, the tree is probably city territory.

Trying to make the best of it, I keep thinking that if I had been one car length in either direction it would've crushed one of the little cars around me. So at least there's that.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I must say.. That's quite a bit of damage... Bed, Roof, Probably doors, practically the whole truck. Only time will tell!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well wouldn't ya know... not totaled! No structural/frame damage... replacing the roof panel, passenger door and driver side panel of the bed and then fixing up the paint and pinstriping. Gotta say, that's one beast of a truck.

Looking forward to getting my baby back. Nice try, nature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.