08 6.4 has P1260 and U0155 codes, won't start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 6.4 has P1260 and U0155 codes, won't start

Got done work at 10pm and my truck wouldn't start, won't even turn over. Turned the key on to check diagnostics on my DashDaq and it has P1260-Theft detected vehicle immobilized and a U0155-Lost communication with instrument panel. The only light that will come on is the airbag light. I pulled the dash apart and check the instrument panel and all connections are good. Checked all fuses inside cab. Tried the fuel reset button. Disconnect the batteries and waited 45 min for my wife to get there and reconnected them and still nothing. All voltage and electronics are good and working. Could the chipped key be bad? And I only have one key. And I know the dealer is gonna have a field day with my wallet if I take it to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

P1260 is a PATS issue. have you tried your 2nd key yet? I know if one of the EGT sensors goes kaput, it will have a no start-no crank too, but I'm not sure it will set the 1260. The EGT sensor code is Ford specific so your Dash DAQ won't read it...may need to get it to Ford.

Good luck...
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I didn't have my second key since it fell off when I was riding my bike. So I had a locksmith come out and he tried to reprogram my key and cutting and programming a new key and none of it worked. His computer said that the truck didn't have any key programmed at all as it said 0 and there can be a maximum of 8 programmed. So I had it towed to the dealer and they just called back and said its definitely the instrument cluster and that's $850.
The Following User Says Thank You to futbal2332 For This Useful Post:
kenster (04-10-2014)
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbal2332 View Post
Well I didn't have my second key since it fell off when I was riding my bike. So I had a locksmith come out and he tried to reprogram my key and cutting and programming a new key and none of it worked. His computer said that the truck didn't have any key programmed at all as it said 0 and there can be a maximum of 8 programmed. So I had it towed to the dealer and they just called back and said its definitely the instrument cluster and that's $850.
Ouch! Well, you're not alone! Mine popped out those codes today along with a slew of other communication codes! Luck for me, I was driving when it did it, so I was able to keep it going...once I shut it down it wouldn't re-start. A short while later I went back out and it was good to go, but the cluster was going bonkers! Looks like I'll be replacing mine too!!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have been reading all the posts i could find and your truck is doing the same as mine,checked everything and ready to haul to the Dealer and open my check account.
Just want to know if they had to reprogram your truck after installing new gauges or just plug and play and everything worked out fine.Your post might have saved me some cash,know a guy that buys wrecked truck and lots of parts laying around.Not needing new,just want my truck running.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

They said they did have to program it because of the different options in the truck, which I don't know what the instrument cluster has to do with the options. But it is easy to change out. Id try that and see if it works, of not just tow it to ford after you switch it out and have them program it. Cost me 375 for the cluster with labor and programming came to 800 total.
The Following User Says Thank You to futbal2332 For This Useful Post:
kenster (04-11-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have had the P1260 code twice...both times my truck started fine. I did delete the codes and it started fine as well. I have a thread on it here somewhere. My two occurences were about 2 years apart. I still have no idea what caused it. For what it is worth, I only had one code both times, just the P1260?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.