Coolant down - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant down

Lost about 2 quarts of coolants last night after racing....and noticed this this morning. Nothing coming from the exhaust pipe just coal and no oil in the degas. Oil level seemed a tad high but not 2 quarts worth. No external leaks to be found either. I have blow by from dipstick tube but no condensation seems to be accumulating at the top of the stick. I also took the oil cap off and had blow by but when I placed my hand over it while running no condensation built on my hand. I took a paper towel rolled up and dipped it into the degas to see if I could notice ANY oil and there was nothing. I can also hold boost ..... WTF!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine is doing it too. No clue where it is going?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:18 AM

Just found a pinhole/ slow leak on the bottom of my radiator on the left hand corner. Damn! I'm thinking that where I'm losing it especially when I'm running it hard. Must have been pissing that stuff.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:35 AM

What I learned is that under the right conditions a small leak can cause a lot of coolant loss. I just tracked down my leak and it was upper radiator hose. I was slowly losing coolant until I towed a 16Ft enclosed trailer 400 miles and I lost 1/2 gallon of coolant. Back to a slow leak under normal driving. Found out I have the old single o ring hoses on my 09.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Vendor

If you haven't seen, we just released our 6.4L radiator the other week! It has all-aluminum construction, is a direct replacement, and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Check out the product release thread for more info!
Product Release! Mishimoto Peformance Aluminum Radiator for Ford 6.4L Powerstroke!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
If you haven't seen, we just released our 6.4L radiator the other week! It has all-aluminum construction, is a direct replacement, and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Check out the product release thread for more info!
Product Release! Mishimoto Peformance Aluminum Radiator for Ford 6.4L Powerstroke!

So glad you replied to this as I'm ready to replace my rad but I have a few questions.

I totally understand this is a far better rad but..

1. Will I need to use more coolant than the OEM rad? In other words will this require more coolant since the size might be bigger or something.

2. Is this rad bigger in anyway? Thicker / Wider / Taller

3. Do you have an actual video how to do the installation. Not a 6.0 but a 6.4 installation.. From start not, "Okay you have the old rad removed.

3a. List of required tools, like tool used to help refuel coolant

4. Will this cool the coolant better than OEM? If so how? size/ flow hole biggers or what?

I've read the product info and I and fellow friends are very impress but I put together a few questions we all had....

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 PM

That thing looks too pretty to put in a truck. If they don't have an instructional I'd be more then happy to make them one. That is if they provide me with a radiator to replace mine with.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had the same issue where everytime I would pop the hood and look at the degas bottle, I noticed fluid was lower than before. Crawled underneath the truck and saw it dripping from the driver's side of the radiator. Also noticed my hoses were not updated. Took it to the dealer and paid $100 for the deductible on my ESP. New radiator, new hoses, new degas bottle, new coolant. Costed FORD $1480.

Once my warranty is out and if I have a problem like this again, Mishimoto will be my next choice.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchretter View Post
So glad you replied to this as I'm ready to replace my rad but I have a few questions.

I totally understand this is a far better rad but..

1. Will I need to use more coolant than the OEM rad? In other words will this require more coolant since the size might be bigger or something.

2. Is this rad bigger in anyway? Thicker / Wider / Taller

3. Do you have an actual video how to do the installation. Not a 6.0 but a 6.4 installation.. From start not, "Okay you have the old rad removed.

3a. List of required tools, like tool used to help refuel coolant

4. Will this cool the coolant better than OEM? If so how? size/ flow hole biggers or what?

I've read the product info and I and fellow friends are very impress but I put together a few questions we all had....

Thanks!
Glad to help!

1. The coolant capacity of this radiator is the same as stock. You may need to use slightly more coolant because of our squared off end tanks, which increases the capacity slightly.

2. This radiator is the same size as stock, since the clearances in the engine bay are so tight. It does have an all-aluminum construction though, which dissipates heat more effectively than plastic.

3. We do have a fully comprehensive installation guide for this radiator, and I have included it below.

3a. The video does list all required tools for installation.

4. As stated in answer number 2, the all-aluminum construction will help aid in cooling efficiency. The main benefit of this radiator is reliability, since the factory plastic end tanks crack.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
I had the same issue where everytime I would pop the hood and look at the degas bottle, I noticed fluid was lower than before. Crawled underneath the truck and saw it dripping from the driver's side of the radiator. Also noticed my hoses were not updated. Took it to the dealer and paid $100 for the deductible on my ESP. New radiator, new hoses, new degas bottle, new coolant. Costed FORD $1480.

Once my warranty is out and if I have a problem like this again, Mishimoto will be my next choice.
Sounds like a heck of a deal! Let me know if you have any questions about our products if you do decide to switch over.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mishimoto For This Useful Post:
GSchretter (11-20-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.