Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

in need of expert advice

992 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gotta_gofast 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but from what I have read so far it is the place to be to get answers to my issues. I will start with some info, here it goes.
I own a 2008 F-350, it now has 178,450kms. on it. I do have the dpf delete w/ sct tuner, I have replaced tensioner pulley @ 100,000 and tcm @ 140,000. Everything else is factory. Earlier this year @ 165,000kms I noticed a squeaking noise from the engine, automatically I assumed this was a tensioner pulley again and wasn't too worried, I booked it in to ford to fix it. By the time they could look at it I had 169,000kms on it. The same day of dropping it off they called me and said I had a spun bearing and the motor would have to be replaced, I took it home and parked it and started driving my other truck. My curiosity got the best of me so I decided to drive it again to see if it could pay for its own motor(I make mileage $) so to date I have put on a total of approx. 13,000kms on this squeaky motor without a single issue, no loss of power, no engine codes, no signs of worsening, no smoke or burning oil, nothing. In fact the squeak tends to go away every now and then. My questions are, wouldn't it progressively get worse? or just seize up, how long could it last? and most importantly what else could it be?
Just to clarify belts were pulled off to eliminate any external possibilities and compression tests came back good. The sound is coming from the LH side of motor. Sorry for such a long post and thanks in advance to all those of you who read it and have any input.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.