Something wrong with Truck??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Something wrong with Truck???

Truck as been in and out of shop since December. I have been threw 2 sets of Thermostats and a Fan Clutch. The truck takes over an average of an Hour to warm up to Temperature. Even when I plug in when its only 35 Deg F outside over night. The fan sounds like it always on. It has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks and a Ford Engineer as been out and as done over 16 hours of testing and they have no idea why the fan is on. Computer is calling for Fan to be off. What they told me today was there might be RF interfearance. Never heard of that before. The only reason the truck is in there is because I made them keep it over nite so they can see how long it takes to warm up. No fault code or anything. There know there is a problem now, that I left it over night to show them that I am not crazy. Know matter what they do when you are driving the Truck the Fan is at High Speed all the time. Has anybody had or seen this yet???

Had truck since Feb 07. Was in shop for 1st of thermostats 2 weeks after I got it. Got a feeling that the problem was there a summer and just didn't see it because it was warm out. Really notice it once it starting getting cold out.

Don't know what else to do. Got General Manger envolved today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Do you have the snow plow prep package? Please update when you here something from the dealer. I haven't even taken mine to the dealer because I can't afford to be without it. I'm just hoping if it is a problem it just blows the fan clutch. With my luck it will happen in the middle of summer while towing 10k.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It does have a plow prep package. They will be putting another Fan Cluth on today (Different Part #) and the engineer will be back doing road test tomorrow to watch the Fuel Rail Temperature. And I agree with you, I am heading to Myrtle Beach Bike week in 5 weeks for Vacation with about a $100,000 worth of stuff in my trailer. I know the feeling. The only reason I have the truck is for that twice a year and Strugis. Got a company truck for during the week. I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm glad to hear that the dealership is looking into your problem. That is the sign of a true Mechanic. I on the otherhand throw my hands up !!!!! I was told By 3 dealerships that If the engine light isn't on and there is no code , there is no problem . One dealership agrees that there are other alternatives but I honestly believe they are in between a rock and a hard place. By the way did I tell you my truck has been in 5 times and i have had a few things replaced myself. and some of them I wasn't suppose to know about. I wish you the best of luck.And like your tittle say's ...... I'm a ford lover for life ....but I will never own another diesel.I don't know what state you are in but read up and dot your eyes and cross your t's ... I'm Gettin ready for a ride .

Superduty Chic.

Last edited by SUPERDUTY CHIC; 03-30-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

RF interferance? Do the 6.4s have electronic controled fan hub not a viscus(Im sure I misspelled that) clutch? Is this just a Ford thing or do the Internation versions have them to? I still havent seen any of the engines in person yet at my dealer so Im was just wondering.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rdkl Send a message via Yahoo to rdkl
What would be causing the rf interference?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkl View Post
What would be causing the rf interference?
Could be the shielding inside the wiring harness is not assembled properly. Not routed properly. Several things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.