Loss of POWER - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 09:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Loss of POWER

Need some help. I just took delivery of a 2008 KR F250 on Monday. On Tuesday i was driving 80mph on US75 in Mckinney Texas when the truck felt like it hit a brick wall and I shot down to 15mph. After regaining control of the truck and a few choice words I limped it to the dealership where they re flashed the computer, I left the dealership and headed to work all was good. Then just before work in a major intersection the truck lost all power and was DOA!!!!! yet almost another accident. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS WRONG? Also has anyone gotten Ford to buy the vehicle back? The lady I talked to today gav e me the BS runaround. You would think since this is my 15th Superduty since 2000 that they would actually give a ****. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT1540 View Post
Need some help. I just took delivery of a 2008 KR F250 on Monday. On Tuesday i was driving 80mph on US75 in Mckinney Texas when the truck felt like it hit a brick wall and I shot down to 15mph. After regaining control of the truck and a few choice words I limped it to the dealership where they re flashed the computer, I left the dealership and headed to work all was good. Then just before work in a major intersection the truck lost all power and was DOA!!!!! yet almost another accident. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS WRONG? Also has anyone gotten Ford to buy the vehicle back? The lady I talked to today gav e me the BS runaround. You would think since this is my 15th Superduty since 2000 that they would actually give a ****. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated
Mine is a gutless DOG!!! It is not the same as what you are experiencing, yours is going to get you killed! I am sick of mine, when and if it ever gets out of the body shop I am going to try to get Ford to buy it back. Mine is 20mph slower than my '05 stock 6.0, and that is just not acceptable to me when I paid $50,000 for it thinking it would out perform my last one! There is a guy on this site who got them to give him a new truck, but it also had trouble, I think it is on its second engine. I hate the power I am getting out of mine, I bought it to pull BIG trailers and it sucks, my old '94 IDI Factory Turbo out pulls it and uses half the fuel doing it! Good luck, I think you have a case, tell them it is a safety issue that is going to cause an accident! If you figure out how to get it bought back let me know!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Yeah I was told to call Ford Motor Credit so I will do that on Fri we will see what happens.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No problems. 6.4L running great 13 mpg 7000 miles.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:56 AM

Well thats great, but the first time you have a customer service issue your views about FORD will change. This is #15 Superduty since 2000 no problems until now. The dealership is even willling to help but Ford is putting up the roadblock. They dont care that this vehicle is not safe. Also its not like I put miles on this truck, I had it for less than 50 miles. But its not over yet I dont give up that easily!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT1540 View Post
Sounds to me like you might be one of the few that have the bad high flow fuel pump.....which would explain why the truck shot down from 80 to 15 MPH..... what they are finding is that the fuel pump had debris in it and was getting in the lines.....but if thats the case then your luck, cause the few I've heard the truck completely shuts down and you can't it started again....and you don't even want to know what it takes to replace it
Old 01-11-2008, 11:35 AM

I'm surprised that Ford customer service is giving you such a hard time in getting this resolved. In the past (have owned 7 new Fords in 15 years) even as recent as last year I had better luck with Ford customer service pushing the dealership to resolve any problems. Especially on a new and unmodified vehicle that has a serious problem as yours seems to have.

Sounds to me that if no one is willing to budge you get an attorney involved. No way a brand new $55k+ truck that has obvious problems shouldn't be fixed or replaced.

Bill
Old 01-11-2008, 07:29 PM

Get tough with them! Threaten them with a lawyer, they may change thier toon. They need to really help you out. I had issues with an '05 tranny, and the customer service guy actually told me they could see I bought a lot of trucks and was a good customer and they would really try hard for me, they know how many you have owned, I am surprised they are not bowing at your feet! I could not get my '05 bought back because my stupid dealer wrote it up as diff. problem every time I brought it in after driving it around the block, make sure that does not happen to you. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Yeah I am being firm, but they dont care.Just sucks that Ford is blocking me. Truck was finished today bad fuel pump. I guess I just have to live with it for now. I told the Ford lady today I will not just sit down and shut up. They think by saying nothing will change that this will shut me up, IT WILL NOT! This just fuels the fire. GOOD NEWS IS MY KEM PROGRAMMER IS AT THE HOUSE............Truck is sitting on a 8 Fabtech 4.0 Coilover kit with 24' monster wheels mounted on khumo 38's,,,May not run but it looks good!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 PM

I will proof read the next post sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.