Need help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Need help! P0281, p1335

Just bought this truck, it test drove fine and the 100 miles home fine. After being parked for a couple hours went for another drive when coming to a stop light that quickly turned green I hit gas then it acted like it was in high gear and black smoked then slammed into gear. Weird but I continued to drive (still no check engine or wrench). After a mile or two it would take off first second third then no gear and rev high trying to find a gear and slamming in and out before slowing down. Check engine and wrench came on at this point. When I bought truck spartan tuner was un plugged and on the 310 tune, so I plug in the tuner and scan for codes I got 5 codes p0281, p040d, p0766, p1260, and p2703. I cleared codes and loaded 210 tune and with out moving I'm getting code p1000 and p1335. I drive and again first second third and rev no fourth. Looked at dip stick and fluid smells little burnt, going through receipts found where truck had some pulleys replaced and all fluids including trans flush about 6 months before I got truck. Can anyone shed some light on my issue?
Truck is a 2008 6.4

Last edited by Thrashersinc14; 02-13-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: More info not getting any response from people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

P0281 Cylinder 7 Contribution/Balance
P040D Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature (EGRT) Sensor A Circuit High
P1260 Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized

Not sure about the other codes or your issue. I had a similiar issue after a rev and slam but everything was back to normal after i came to two complete stops.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I guess no one has any ideals??? I let truck sit for three days started it up no codes and drove 2 miles and got codes p0281, p1335, and p1000. Tranny still not shifting past 3rd and when I stopped it didn't down shift. Could those codes be caused by the trans acting up?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Is the trans shifting at all or is it starting and staying in 3rd?

Your P040D that was there indicates the EGRT sensor in the up pipe is failing or is intermittent and should be replaced.

As for your P1335, is your EGR system intact, deleted, what?

If it is deleted make sure you have the proper tunes that turn all that junk off and the PCM is not still looking for the components. If your EGR junk is there and not plugged in, I would try at least plugging the valve in and seeing if the code goes away.

If you loaded the 210 tune, I don't think it deletes the electronic control portion of the EGR unless you have the tune specifically set up to do so.

If memory serves me rightly, certain EGR codes will make the truck do all kinds of goofy ****.

Put the 310 tune back in it and see if the EGR code goes away. I think over 275 the stuff is electronically disabled not just turned off in the PCM.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Trans shifts 1-2-3 then revs, and sometimes won't down shift. No egr delete. Should I do a egr delete and replace that sensor?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Looking for a good and good priced trans. I found patc anybody heard of them? 3300 for everything sounds like a good deal.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Couch warmer

Your P0766 and P2703 codes point to the direct shift solenoid. My trans threw these codes the other night and I cleared them and no problems since. Maybe try replacing the solenoid and see if that fixes it. If not, I would start saving for a built trans.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put 310 back in and only got trans codes. Thanks BIG ANGRY HILLBILLY! Going to drop pan and change plug o rings and solenoids. But I want to find a good trans for long term fix. Any ideals
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
P1000 happens after you clear the codes and scan the truck without driving it much . The code basically means not enough info to check all systems .
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That explains why most people just say don't worry about it. At least you explained why, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.