P2263 Code, and high EGTs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2263 Code, and high EGTs

I was on my way home, actually about 10 miles from home, and noticed the truck seemed a bit sluggish on the throttle, also noticed my EGTs holding between 850-950* at 65mph, on a slight incline, temps would go down when engine not under any load, but the RPMs were only at 1500-1600, maybe 5 psi of boost. And on top of that it kept throwing the P2263 code. I read some of the other threads about this code, and some said it is related to the temp outside, right around the time I noticed it, the temp dropped to 20*, previously it was above 25*. Also I had been running my truck at an avg of 80mph for 5 hrs. Also running a 525 tune from RCD, never really had any problems like this. Is it bad? Will it resolve itself?
Thanks.

James.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Was it dark out? If so, could you see any smoke out the tailpipe, what color was it?

Cleaning the EBP sensor and tube would be a good place to look, AFTER verifying the integrity of the intake system. Check and make sure none of the air-to-air boots have ripped or come off, didn't catch a rock though the air-to-air, etc.

Check out the intake system and report back if you found anything. If you blew an intercooler tube/boot you'd hear it, but not always.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

It was dark, but could of swore I saw some puffing. Also was hearing a noise, sounded sort of like air leaking out of something when ever I accelerated. I will check the intake out and see what it looks like.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke Techie

That's likely your issue then, and the high egt's and smoke are also a good indicator of a loss of boost.

You could also have a substantial exhaust leak causing an inability for the truck to build boost.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Well chk'd the intercooler boots, they seemed to be intact. Also the boots for the intake seemed to be intact as well. The filter is dirty and needs to be cleaned, but don't know if that would cause it. Also, drove the truck a short distance today, about 5miles, and it was 40*, and still gave me high EGTs, because it was daytime and was close to home I pushed the truck a bit, to see if I could find a cause; truck wasnt blowing white, and still made me push hard to get up hills, 20 psi of boost and 1050 egts, at 40 mph.
Would a cracked up-pipe cause this?

James.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Possibly

Can you see soot on the insulation or the back of the motor?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Haven't chk'd for the soot yet, but today I was stopped twice at a light, and when accelerarting, I would get to about 35-40 and it felt like i couldn't accelerate anymore for about 2 secs, then the power came back. Kinda like the turbo was having trouble kicking in. At the same time my EGTs read over 1000* and my boost gauge hit 40psi. I've never seen it go that high, even when I am racing someone (and I don't do that that often). After climbing a hill, trying to hold it at 60mph, (hit over 1000* and 40psi), I got a CEL and chk'd for a code, same thing P2263. Only thing is, when I got it the first and second time, I didn't get a CEL. Friend of mine and I are thinking up-pipe leak, but now I'm thinking it might be a turbo.I pray NO to the latter.

James.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you checked for an up pipe leak? As hillbilly said check for soot on the firewall. Also check where the up pipe makes a 90* turn up or at the bellows.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Premium Member

P2263 Code, and high EGTs

I just had the same problem couple days ago. Once the cold hit my truck lost power and my boost was between 30-40 just driving normally. I changed the map sensor, the ebp sensor and tube. I probably could have cleaned them all but for peace of mind I just change everything. After I did that I cleared the code and truck runs better than before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by bag711; 01-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Are those available at the dealer?
The Following User Says Thank You to BigGreen06 For This Useful Post:
brkncly (02-06-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.