Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

turbo rebuild pics/diagrams?

11K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  K1LLsW1TchEd 
#1 ·
I have the turbos off my 08 6.4l and disassembled. I am about to order the mahle kit (often refered to as the ebay kit). I was wandering if anyone has pics or diagrams if the assembly to make sure I put things back together in the right order and the right way. Any tips or tricks used in the rebuild of the turbos appreciated.

#2 ·
The kit should include instructions. Keep a clean work area, stay organized, label if necessary and as always take pics.

#3 ·
Have you done this job? Are you sure it comes with instructions? I made some notes but not enough. And didn't take pics. I took them apart back in the summer thinking I was going to be able to finish it a weekend. That did not happen. Work was busy. New son. Twin turbo Duramax that's not going to drive it self. Ect....... I have one completely clean and ready for parts and reassembly. The other still needs work. Man they were caked with sludge and carbon.

#4 ·
No I haven't but I if they aren't done right they will sure destroy a motor. The Exhaust Gas Recirculation does horrible things to motors too, I got to experience the sludge when I deleted my EGR and coolers

#6 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.