Little blue smoke upon take off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 01:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Little blue smoke upon take off

Just noticed it yesterday was at a red light gave it quarter throttle and noticed a decent amount of blue smoke coming out next light gave it harder no smoke the exhaust cleaning wasnt on but felt like it was...
anyways it only smokes blue 3/10 lights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Blue oil means smoke. Is there any oil coming out of the exhaust?

Last edited by 04hdfatboy; 10-29-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
he means blue smoke means oil. check your oil levels maybe overfilled or maybe your growing some oil. if im not mistakin it can also be injector issues.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTractorsSexy View Post
he means blue smoke means oil. check your oil levels maybe overfilled or maybe your growing some oil. if im not mistakin it can also be injector issues.
Ya thats what i meant lol. Its Monday
Old 10-29-2012, 08:22 AM

LOL that was a tung twister.. Anyways I was thinking I might have a bad injector somedays but its hard to tell runs starts drives idles smooth well I shouldnt say that every now and then my rpms bounce up and down stairing at the needle sooo maybe it could be an injector I noticed it after I got my oil changed I put full synthetic ams oil 5w 40 so it could be a little over filled as for oil in my tail pipe thats a big no what do you mean when you sayin "growing some oil"
Old 10-29-2012, 12:10 PM

By "growing oil" he means is oil getting into the crankcase when the truck regens?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:38 PM

thats a good question would it possibly have a bad dpf system?
the truck has 205 000 kms on it everything is basically bone stock it has had all the upgrades from the dealer recalls ect under warranty thats about it untill I get the extra cash I'm planning on doing some stuff next month like a dpf delete oil cooler delete egr system delete h&s mini maxx s&b intake and the intercooler tube replace (I think thats what it is that tube that goes really skinny) and I'm going to do a 4'' turbo back flo pro exhaust just cause I always have the worry driving it I just bought it 1500 kms ago I had a 6.0 before I bullet proofed but the motor was getting tired.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies86 View Post
thats a good question would it possibly have a bad dpf system?
the truck has 205 000 kms on it everything is basically bone stock it has had all the upgrades from the dealer recalls ect under warranty thats about it untill I get the extra cash I'm planning on doing some stuff next month like a dpf delete oil cooler delete egr system delete h&s mini maxx s&b intake and the intercooler tube replace (I think thats what it is that tube that goes really skinny) and I'm going to do a 4'' turbo back flo pro exhaust just cause I always have the worry driving it I just bought it 1500 kms ago I had a 6.0 before I bullet proofed but the motor was getting tired.
All of the deletes you are talking about are really going to help you motor breathe alot better...except for the oil cooler delete. You really don't want to delete that component.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM

How come? I've heard of them failing quiet often we had a company truck it failed 3 times under warranty the last one failed after being replaced 15 000 kms before and its failure caused what we believe is a crank bearing it chirps like a bird now and it just happened to fail at 161 180kms just 1180 kms off warranty now ford wont cover it and it needs a rebuild. I thought you could delete these on the 6.4 I wasnt too sure though..
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies86 View Post
How come? I've heard of them failing quiet often we had a company truck it failed 3 times under warranty the last one failed after being replaced 15 000 kms before and its failure caused what we believe is a crank bearing it chirps like a bird now and it just happened to fail at 161 180kms just 1180 kms off warranty now ford wont cover it and it needs a rebuild. I thought you could delete these on the 6.4 I wasnt too sure though..
If you meant the EGR and coolers yes you can definitely delete them but I don't think anyone would even suggest deleting the oil cooler. They aren't really all that common of a problem on the 6.4's in fact from my research they are fairly rare. I guess some guys have had issues with them but rather than deleting the oil cooler I would look into a coolant filter. It will catch alot of the stuff that could potentially plug an oil cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.