EGR and HG question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR and HG question

i posted in the motors section, but not as much traffic there. anyway I did an egr delete. I know for sure now that i didnt get the upper plug seated all the way and is leaking....But now after digging around im nervous about a HG issue. IF i had a problem with my HGs and ive deleted, will that now increase my chance for HG failure? ive read due to the wasting in the coolers and those are gone now.........Seems like a danged if you do danged if you dont kinda deal.

Ive ran the 250 tune with my h&S and dpf delete for the last 11000 miles or so. sitting at 42k on the truck. dont race it. every once in a while ill hit the skinny pedal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The egr wasn't functioning on the 250 tune anyways so I would think that physically removing the egr and coolers just eliminates the possibility of the coolers rupturing. Since it wasn't functioning anyways I can't see why removing it would cause and more stress.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Premium Member

Well that was also my first thought. I read one post about wastegating and i was wondering if there was any truth to that or not. kinda made me nervous. You dont really need a wastegate unless you are running some higher HP right? or do you ever. just trying to get this all together in my mind
Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey View Post
Well that was also my first thought. I read one post about wastegating and i was wondering if there was any truth to that or not. kinda made me nervous. You dont really need a wastegate unless you are running some higher HP right? or do you ever. just trying to get this all together in my mind
Yeah as far as I know a wastegate isn't needed unless you are planning on making some pretty big power. I know what you are saying though. There are so many options & variables with the potential of these motors that it sometimes gets a little confusing.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Well GERRY helped me out on my other post. Turns out im fixed up for now. going to drive it around for the weekend around home just to make sure. I forced the upper plug in and ripped the whole bottom of the o-ring. 99 cent fix and a little oil rubbed on the ring this time and it just slid in like butter....and no more leak. Now i gotta clean the engine because there is antifreeze everywhere....it blew into the fan and WOW!

while im on the topic ill show you my front pan bar ....does this look ok. its ****ed alittle. this is a straight on shot. lift was used so i assumed that the panbar was already set so i didnt adjust it. however my steering wheel is turned compleetely sideways and im not sure how to get it back to center.. Something about undoing the clamps on the drag bar and turning them. i need it to go back half a turn to the left to be back to center
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.