Does this seem odd to anyone??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does this seem odd to anyone???

Ok so back in Feb-March time frame this year, my truck died on my way to work. "Pull over now" message and no start after it cut off. Which luckily I still had the Ford support towing and was under warranty. Well long story short it ended up being a bad EGT sensor. A day later they called me and asked if I knew that my truck would not start..... Really!? No I did not know my truck would not start... I just brought it to you because I needed a place to park!!.. The mechanics at my dealer sometimes worry me..

Anyways.. after about a week I get a call saying my truck is ready, they had to order the sensor and had to drop the DPF because they broke the sensor removing it and had to drill it out and replace it. (Which I understand is pretty common due to corrosion and rust)

Now onto the discovery I have made since then. The power to my truck that I felt when I first bought it seems to be restored or if better? Also I have yet to see a Cleaning Filter message since they have had the truck or felt any loss in power like its REGENING without a message. Yes I have driven on long drives also, I took the truck just last month to the lake on a 300 mile trip and nothing, no loss in power, no smoke, no message. It has been over 3000 miles since they have had it. I'm not complaining to say the least but am starting to worry if my motor will just up and grenade one day because of it being clogged from not cleaning. Any idea?? Should I be worried?? I have thought about taking it to the dealer and asking them, but every time I go in there with a problem and ask questions, no one seems to know anything...

I am planning on eventually doing a DPF delete and exhaust, but still have not decided what programmer to go with because I have not seen many reviews on those with Manual transmissions. My warranty is now up.. dang 5 years got me before mileage did! All help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There was an update awhile ago that makes the message only appear for a second or so and is it possible that you missed the message when it popped up? If not do you remember how the sound of he motor changes a bit when it is in regen? If neither of these then if you still plan on keeping the dpf for a bit still I would probably take it back in. Otherwise if you didn't want to do that then deleting now might be an option.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Serving Our Country!

I have usually been able to tell when it is in regen by the loss of power and usual change in rpm as well as the distinctive smell. I have not noticed this since it has been in the shop and thought that they had hidden the message as well. Looks like I will be taking it in.. although I wonder if they will cover any fixes if there are any since it started after it was there.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 AM

I would sure hope they would. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Serving Our Country!

Well wouldn't you know after I post this something happens.. haha. It seems I must have been granny'ing my truck.. I decided to "rag it out" a bit today, Accelerating it hard and dragging out the gears a bit having a bit of fun with the power, and about 3 miles from home I saw the message pop on for just a second and felt the power cut back and the noticeable smell.. I guess because I haven't towed anything since i got it back or really run it hard that it hasnt clogged up.. Well still going to delete it eventually, just have other more important money items going on in life at the moment.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM

That's good to hear. At least you didn't need a trip to the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.