De-Tuned...now I have issues? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
De-Tuned...now I have issues?

Well I re-installed the DPF and returned the truck to stock today...because it's going to the dealership for the intercooler update and to have the tranny looked at. In 40 miles, the DPF never went into regen, and the truck seems weak. Also...when I was going to walmart just now, the CEL came on and it was a P0401 code...(Exhaust Gas Re-circulation Insufficient). Anyone else had this issue when they returned to stock? I'm thinking the EGR valve is plugged and maybe the DPF is too?

Hopefully the dealership finds this issue and addresses it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ya your egr valve is stuck that's why it seems weak same thing happened to my truck. It's because you were most likely running a tune that didn't cycle the valve. Not a big deal the dreamer ship will see that and put a new egr valve on.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:29 PM

EGR valve is stuck needs service. Still under warranty ? If so let the dealer service it. If not removing and cleaning will fix and clearing codes nobody will know. Search the form for the how to details several with pictures. Another good source Diesel Technician Society
Old 10-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Ya it's still under warranty...I only have 50k miles on it. I cleared the code with my H&S and set the truck back to bone stock. I've been lettin it idle in the drive way the past half hour trying to get it to throw the code again or get the valve to cycle...going for a test drive soon. I wish I could just delete the damn thing LOL
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Just drive it then the code will keep coming back I kept clearing mine and about once a day it would come back
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 AM

Same thing here. Put mine back to stock yesterday for the 2nd radiator leak. Same code. I though all of the H&S tunes cycled the EGR
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE View Post
Same thing here. Put mine back to stock yesterday for the 2nd radiator leak. Same code. I though all of the H&S tunes cycled the EGR
Only the "easy" tunes function the EGR.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
Only the "easy" tunes function the EGR.
Okay, got ya.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Serving Our Country!

Well I got the truck back today. My tech cleaned the EGR Valve and changed the intercooler. He said I had a "pool" of water at the bottom of the intercooler, and the updated one isn't considered a "fix" but he hasn't had anyone in the past year and a half come back after having the updated one installed. Of course...the tranny didn't act up at all since I've been de-tuned...makes me think the H&S is bad JuJu
Old 10-02-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250ghost View Post
Well I got the truck back today. My tech cleaned the EGR Valve and changed the intercooler. He said I had a "pool" of water at the bottom of the intercooler, and the updated one isn't considered a "fix" but he hasn't had anyone in the past year and a half come back after having the updated one installed. Of course...the tranny didn't act up at all since I've been de-tuned...makes me think the H&S is bad JuJu
Yep, my trucks tranny slams sometimes.... Often I should say, maybe 1-2 a week, which is too often for me. Don't think the tuner is going back on. Been driving it on the no power tune(50) for a week now anyway....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.