D@mn 6.4L's!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
D@mn 6.4L's!!!

Glad I've got my DPF deleted...it's a shame they destroy motors! I've heard about this more often here lately. Yeah...could be prevented by paying attention to your truck and knowing how it normally runs...but still! Do yourself a favor...Delete that DPF!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn! Although I don't own a 6.4 or any diesel for that matter because I still have one semester left in A&P school before I start work, I'm glad that I have taken it upon myself to research the common problems with these trucks so that I'm aware of the issues and am know what to expect to correct the issues when they come up. It's really a shame that in order for one of these beast to run the way its supposed to run that you have to delete all of this crap, but I have come to notice that alot of these problems are because of our own ignorance and not so much the manufacture's fault. While I will admit that there are issues that lie in all the emmisions crap, alot of the problems could have been prevented to start with before they escalated to blown heads ands motors. I dunno maybe I'm part of the select few, but before I go out and spend my hard earned cash on something that cost as much as these trucks, I kinda wanna no the in's and out's before I make a purhcase that is gonna set me back a few thousand bucks.
Just my
Old 09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

^^^^^thats exactly the reason I'm on there researching before I buy a 6.0
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Maintenance is the key to making any vehicle last. It is clear manufacturers are aware the PEOPLE DRIVING te vehicles are more than likely responsible for repairs and warranty work from lack of maintenance. Why else would BMW be making vehicles that clean themselves and only need oil changes every 10-30k miles.

I don't care who u are--gas or diesel--if u don't maintain ur vehicle it will not function the way it was designed and u will not have it for very long.

Tuning definitely helps on trucks like the 6.4 that were attempt one at the new emissions requirements required in 2007.

Thank u EPA for making it even harder for the average non-thinking american to maintain their truck! Gotta love dem liberals...smoke weed and pay 2billion to pump oil in brazil creating more jobs on their coast but don't open up the keystone. Wtf.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.