Ok, So here it goes. Hopefully someone can answer a few things for me. My truck seems to have some electrical problems when i bought it, didn't realize,
So, looks like I'm going to be fixing it all. One good thing is that it came with a full DPF deleted SS exhaust, off road tuner, and an Stage 2 intake already in it. So i guess fixing everything thats wrong with it will cost me what all that would have costed me
I have a 08' king ranch 6.4 f250.
1. Running lights on mirrors don't light, but blinkers work.
2. Mirrors on both sides can be adjusted out and up, but not down and in.
3. When adjusting the mirrors down, either side, the mirrors don't move but the pedals adjust and go down.
4. Adjustable pedal switch will bring them up, but not down.
5. Back up sensor switch is always on off when in reverse. won't let turn on or off. But switch goes does not go off if i don't put truck in reverse. Soon as i do, the switch goes off.
6. Motor sounds weird on the left side of the motor, only at 2000+ RPMs, thinking maybe EGR?
Now the first 4 problems I believe is through the seat processor underneath the seat. It has a plug which has all of the wires from the mirrors to the pedals to the seat controls go to this processor in one harness. Is it possible that this processor is bad, or going bad? Or is it the harness? I believe the harness had been replaced because all the wires were cut and soldered back together. I checked every wire to make sure all colors matched that were put back together right, all were shrink wrapped, nothing split. The only thing i could think of is that there are 3 yellows in the same harness and maybe they got swapped, but that has nothing to do with pedals or lights, they are mirror returns or something like that. I don't want to buy the processor and find out its not that because no company will accept electronics back and its a 150$ part.
The back up sensor problem has to be a sensor in the bumper Correct? How do you find out which one it is?
I know this is a list of BS but I'd only come here for advice. Very frustrated. Please Please Help!
THANKS GUYS in advance.