Another TPMS thread .... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another TPMS thread ....

Well the other day while driving the truck I got the Tire sensor fault and the light on the dash with the light flashing ....and after a few seconds the light went to solid ....and when I slowed down to pull into a gas station parking lot , to look for the AIR , it went out ....then a few days ago it went on again and went off in a similar fashion when I made a left turn .....and then today while down the HWY it came on again ....and then when I pulled into the gas station to let my wife use the rest room , it went out again , and came back on again shortly after I got back on the hwy ...after 20 miles it went out .

This thing is driving me crazy ....it came on again on the way home ( trip was 100+ mile each way ) and it stayed on for atleast 60 miles , went of again and came on when I got withen 5 minutes from home ....and after I got home I started readding and I went out and checked the tire pressure , and all the tires went past the 60psi the gauge I have in the garage goes too if it had #s that far it would be in the 80-90psi range ...and the door sticker says they should be @ 65psi cold ( it is snowing out here ) ...and then after being home for an hour I went out and started the truck the light was still on , so I went down the street mayby a 1/4 mile and back and it went out ......

so is there a way the band that holds these sensors to the wheels , to come loose and allow them to spin ?? or could the pressure be to high ?? I am trying to come up with what it could be other then just trying to replace all the sensors ....any ideas ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 07:18 PM

I feel your pain, Bigdog150. My '09 does the same thing, I just clear the DIC and keep driving. At some point, I'll let the dealer look at it. I forecast that it won't error while there and they will advise 'no problem seen'.

Never been a fan of these TPM sensors...
Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I ran to the hanger ( my work ) and one of the tires was @ 90 and 2 others were @ 80 and one @ 78 so I tried bringing to 90psi one down to 80psi ...so they are all withen 5 psi of each other ...but the light stayed off for my 12 mile drive in and out ...so there is no way to now if there was a change or not ....this is stupid
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I went to discount tire yesterday ....and the relearnd the sensors and the light went out , we checked the pressures there were 80psi across the bored and the door card says they should be @ 65psi ....could the higher pressure I am running make this light come on ?? because it came on again on my way to work after 30 min of driving ....this thing is driving me crazy ....any ideas
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM

Not sure what to say about your situation but I have set my cold tire pressures to 65 front, 80 rear, and done the TPMS re-learn on two separate occasions... all sensors respond and sync... doesn't matter, the 'Tire Pressure Sensor Fault" will come on almost every time I roll the highway for a couple of hours... then go away. The whole system is retarded.

Best thing that could happen for both of us is fault light would stay on, then we could show the dealer and say 'fix this'...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.