Ford reflash and regen questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Ford reflash and regen questions

I asked Ford to check and see if I had the lastest and greatest flash for my 08' 250 6.4. They look in the computer under the vin, tell me they need an appointment and said they could check. I tell them I would use them as my dealer if they can check on this for free before my 36/36 warranty expires. They agree. Well it had all the latest flashes so they were now going to charge me $100. labor because it was already updated.

MEANWHILE, I call another dealer who pops it in the computer with just the vin and says I am fully updated. 3 flashes in NH at the original dealer. Not my fault the first dealer can't read the computer screen.....

I had gone into regen about 5 times in 24 hours and my self diagnostic test on the right of the dash said it had acutally completed because it didn't say "cleaning exhaust filter" anymore.

The dealer says that cleaning exhaust filter should stay on the screen until it is completed..... so IF they can find out why it isn't on the screen, they won't charge me the $100.00. He says it should stay up on the screen and it is a problem but only if they can find out why....... I think they maybe be wrong and the latest flash stupidly may not actually stay on the entire time until it completes.

So I have an issue, they say I have an issue, but it is a warranty claim only if they can find the issue? Does this make sense to anyone? Any ideas other than find a new dealer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wow that is crazy. I know that with the latest flash that the cleaning exhaust filter message only comes on for a couple of seconds then turns off. I think this dealer may have it backward. I have an 09 and I still have the message that stays on the whole time until it is done. I have not had the latest flash as I have not had to bring mine in yet. I have to bring it in this weekend for a trans problem and will ask about the flash. Good luck.,\
Old 02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah, my 2010 only shows the message for a couple of seconds or so. I usually notice something is different and then when I run a system check, yep it's in regen. I would prefer it to be on the entire time not just for a few seconds...
Old 02-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 08 used to stay on the entire time. After a PCM, new high pressure fuel pump and injectors for the third time it just flashes on and goes off. I don't know if it is a problem or not. I just drive it until it drops anymore. I'm tired of arguing with Ford but, I am also tired of walking, so there you have it.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just had my pcm flash and the truck is running normal the only thing i don't like is the regen message only comes on for a few seconds!! Normally i will drive the truck untill the message cleared itself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.