High RPM Slow GO - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High RPM Slow GO

Hey guys my 2009 PSD FX4 I do not drive everyday. When it sits for a couple of days it starts fine but when I go to put it into drive and step on the pedal the rpms go up and the truck goes very slow like the transmission is having trouble engaging. It is like I have it in neutral and just reving the engine. After a couple of minutes it does ok and I have no problems when I drive it on back to back days. It is in a garage all teh time as well. Think I need to take it into Ford? I have only 11,000 miles on her. Thanks for the time!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had this problem - only like after driving 2 hours on the interstate and then pulling off on an exit ramp or stopping at a light. Upon trying to accelerate engine would rev but could never make it more than 10-15 mph. After no codes - multiple trips to the (fantastic) dealer with no problem ever being duplicated - no warranty work ever being performed - the dealer allowed me a great trade (and I didn't buy the first truck there) to a different truck from a 08 to a 10 but still with the 6.4. Mind boggling.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine does it everytime it sits for more then a day. I dropped it off Friday so it would sit there over the weekend and they are going to look at it today. I hope to hear something today but I am not holding my breath.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I go to wash the truck b4 taking it in on Friday and notice that the "chrome" I mean plastic on the rims is no loger attached. The only thing holding it on is the wheel balance weights. So I take it in Friday so it can sit over the weekend and they can look at it on Monday. So I call the guy at 4 pm today and say what did you find out. He tells me well he looked at it Saturday and it went into drive with no problem WTF. I am like are you an idiot I wrote it out for you to let it sit over the wekend he says oh yea I forgot. I said that is why I wrote it out for you but I guess he couldn't take the time to type it into his little tablet he had. So I told him to leave it SIT until Thursday and then start it up and put it in Drive and it won't go then Diagnose it. They are ordering 4 new wheels for it as well. Will update when I hear from them on Thursday
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well the dealer called and said it didn't do it after sitting from Monday untill today it went into drive just fine with no problems imagine that. I guess I will have to video tape it and plug my computer in every time I start it after it sits for a couple of days to get data to give to them. The new wheels are suppos eto be in tommorrow so hopefully I can get it back. I may have to get a 2nd mortgage though to fill with diesel near $4.00 here.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just a thought. have you checked the trans fluid? i know that an automatic trans will do this if its not at normal opt. temp if its low.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frkjr_2580 View Post
just a thought. have you checked the trans fluid? i know that an automatic trans will do this if its not at normal opt. temp if its low.
Yes that was the first thing I checked and it was in the normal range. Some have suggested adding a quart to see if that helps and I am going to ask the dealer about it when I go to pick it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.