P2263 code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2263 code

I no its been asked a million times but my truck keeps throwing the P2263 code, now i bought the truck from a place 2hours from me that wasnt a ford dealership, i still have almost 3 years and 50k miles left on the ford warrenty, and 2 years 24k miles from the place i bought the truck. what should I do? if i take the DPF and tuner out and set it back to stock will the check engine light go out so when i get to where ever they say they cant help me because the lights out. and if they run the computer will they find the tuner? and if they do find it can i say i bought it used last year so they might of had one and takin it off before they traded in. I need to get this fixed ASAP, i just bought a house and make settlement in 3 weeks so im gonna need it for moving and all. thanks guys.

Oh yea its a 2008 job 1 with spartan 275, with 47k miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just had these same codes, and I've got the same tuner with the same tune loaded. Mine ONLY did it when it was freezing outside. Once it warmed up to about 25 degrees, it hasn't come back. But on the days it was near 0 outside, it kept popping up.

I'd ride it out til the warmer weather.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im guessing your ebp sensor on the drivers side exhaust manifold is on the fritz. Drive it for a bit longer and see if any other codes pop up.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine threw this code today while I was pulling about 9k lbs uphill under pretty high boost and throttle, hot damn set at mild. I cleared it and kept on pulling to my destination and it never came back on. Anything to worry about?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman28 View Post
Mine threw this code today while I was pulling about 9k lbs uphill under pretty high boost and throttle, hot damn set at mild. I cleared it and kept on pulling to my destination and it never came back on. Anything to worry about?
I wouldnt worry about it, my truck throws it atleast once a day, sometimes 4,5 and 6 times. im just use to it now. never had any other problems. i wish I knew why it always comes on though
Old 10-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbal2332 View Post
I wouldnt worry about it, my truck throws it atleast once a day, sometimes 4,5 and 6 times. im just use to it now. never had any other problems. i wish I knew why it always comes on though
Faulty sensor.......
Old 10-18-2011, 06:40 AM

Mine will throw this code too. Mine always does it at idle though. Two weeks ago I made a trip from memphis, tn to little sahara sand dunes in west oklahoma and a few times when I stopped for fuel it would pop up. What would cause this? and btw I am running the spartan 275 and at the time I was pulling a 16' trailer with 3 sport atv's.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Premium Member

Anything new with this code?

I was towing this weekend for Labor day up a 6% grade, apx 7500lbs, i got stuck behind a slow car doing 50 and my exhaust temps set at 1100 for a good while.

Once they got out of my way all i could do up the hill was 50mph, i only had 20psi of boost, 440 torque and the truck wouldnt downshift to 3rd to allow me to get back in my power band. EGTs would only allow me to hit 880.

I check my codes while driving and this was the only code. I cleared it and it returned. 2xs and then finally i just drove it like i was in a gas truck.

Got to my destination, then the next morning truck ran great, all the way home on the same grades truck was a beast, pulling up the hills doing 75 no problem, boosting to 38 psi, egt was 950 and torque was 800 again. Ran perfect.

I'm still concerned because next week we are towing the boat to AZ from OR for a week at Powel and i dont want to get stuck with this issue.

I'm looking for any ideas for things to inspect or anything.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM

Mine still throws this code but, only on spartan 275 tune and at idle. Usually happens when I'm getting fuel. I reset the light and have never noticed a change in performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.