No Start/putting back to stock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start/putting back to stock

So one of the guys at work here has an 08 f350 6.4L 80000km and it is programmed. He was towing a trailor and the vehicle just quit on him (he said he wasn't on it hard or anything just taking it fairly easy). If we go to try and start it nothing happens i believe (may crank but I don't know for sure). Anyways one of the other guys looked at it and there was an excessive heat code/dtc (not sure which code i didnt look at it). I believe he has an edge programmer but can't say for sure because the guy was tellling me there was a programmer on the dash which makes me believe its edge, but they were trying to set it back to stock to send it to the dealer, anyways when trying to set it back to stock it asks for you to start the vehicle so they're not 100% sure the vehicle is set back to stock as it cannot start. They've tried disconnecting batteries for a while and restarting but that didn't do anything its locked out or something. Does anybody know how to reset this or how to confirm/make the programmer set it back to the stock file? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 08:24 PM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

i cant remember how but there is a way to make it crank again by unplugging something under the hood.itll only get you into limp mode.im giving you a bump hoping someone will chime in
Old 11-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well thanks for the input/bump i need help if anybody knows anything. thanks.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There is a round connector behind the passenger side battery with one wire in it. Disconnect this wire and connect it to the +post on the battery with the key on and it will start. If it will not start the next time you try, then you have a bad EGT sensor in the exhaust.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:59 AM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

gonna try to remember this
Old 11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasltn View Post
There is a round connector behind the passenger side battery with one wire in it. Disconnect this wire and connect it to the +post on the battery with the key on and it will start. If it will not start the next time you try, then you have a bad EGT sensor in the exhaust.
Thank you very much, worked. For anybody else here is a picture included to show you what the connector looks like (behind pass side battery), Connected the side closest to motor to +positive battery terminal with key on and it cranked/started. I believe its like a secondary solenoid wire to the starter, didn't trace it but thats what it seems like to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.