Need serious help,6.4 gone in 10K - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need serious help,6.4 gone in 10K

New to the site, but been running Fords forever, from gas to 6.0 to 6.4's, Never have I had a problem like this. Bear with me I'm still in shock. The truck is a '08 F-450, 10,187 miles, all stock, 4.33 rear end, pleasure vehicle, tows a car trailer(once). Start the truck, after a few minutes it starts to stumble and miss. like an injector issue. Take it to the dealer, they tell me #8 has low compression, need to pull the motor and have Ford look at it, should be a new motor. Today they tell me that they may only do the one cylinder and that they are not sure what the truck would be worth when I turn it in. Any Ideas, should I trust this dealer, they seem like they don't want to be bothered, I bought 6 trucks from them in a row, from'99 to '08, as a warranty can I pull it out of there and take it to another dealer,just confused and pissed about the whole thing, Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes you can. Just cause you bought it there does not mean it has to be serviced there. If you feel your are not getting adequate service then I would. 10k miles and number 8 cylinder gone give me a brake. I would make them put a whole new crate in. I would not settle for any less. If they wont. Take it somewhere else and if they tell you the same let them fix it. Get it back and crater that motor until they have to put a whole new one in. Thats jmo, I am sure other guys will chime in. If it were me I would be livid right now to...
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:56 AM

i am currently having same problem,i was tuned but dont see how that could have made my engine blow up,truck stumbled on light acceleration and just died,mechanic (who seemed to be mod friendly before)told me he wants no part of it.low compression in one cylinder,seems like a injector hung open and fried the cylinder,i will be returning to stock and bringing to another dealer today.this seems to be a pretty common failure on these trucks.i have 33,000 miles,20,000 tuned,i dont beat on my truck and take extremely good care of it.i just think there is a underlying problem with the fuel system on these trucks
Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, today I yanked the truck from dealer 1, they tried to hit me with a diagnostic bill (don't think so) and took it to a rival Ford dealer close by, the company I work for spends tons of money here so I was greeted rather well, laid it all out on the line, told me it will be in asap, but the holiday week screws things up,thats fine, just tell me straight up, doesn't feel it's the cylinder, more like an injector cause the truck runs good for a few minutes then pops a light and starts to miss, we'll see, also can't see dealer 1 doing a compression test, looks like nothing was touched on the motor, maybe guy had x-ray eyes! Thanks for the input, theres more to follow. Can't wait for the quality questionaire for this one!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad to hear it is going in your favor!!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, got word back today from dealer #2, same results, my 10,187 mile F-450 needs a motor, internal engine damage, # 8, no compression, body's coming off, motor needs to come out, inspected (guess by Ford), new motor installed, only good thing is this dealer says now that the trucks started, it goes non stop till completed, another two weeks, no rent-a-car, (renting since 11-08), now we'll talk to Ford.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well the no loaner car sucks. That's one thing I do like about my dealer, even if it is for a few hours or days one way or another they will give you something to drive. Glad that they are fixing it for you.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Retired Army

Good to hear you are getting it fixed. Mine has 20,000 hope I don't have the same issues
Old 11-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to PSDfreak
just ***** till you get a car....they can get it authorized
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.