2010 STUMBLING IN PASSING GEAR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 2010 STUMBLING IN PASSING GEAR

I just bought a new 2010 F350 and after I have been driving a couple of hundred miles and try to pass someone she falls on her face. I have taken it to the dealer a couple of times and they can not get it to do it. And it doesn't throw any codes. It will only do it after I have been on the road for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Raining when this happens? White smoke out tail pipe?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Possible regen?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenshield View Post
Raining when this happens? White smoke out tail pipe?
was raining for me yesterday and when passing it had a shutter to her? what rain got to do with it????
Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No, I had been driving in rain,but it was not raining at the time . Don't know about the smoke,it was dark. This is not the first time either. It has done this several times. When I had about 5000 miles on the truck it ran out of fuel. Bad sending unit. Ford replaced it then this started. Should have bought a gasser.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 AM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

sounds like an intercooler tsb.search for that under the 6.4 section and youll find a few threads.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Charged Air Cooler TSB for the 08 job2 and below has the same symptoms. My truck does it when it's wet or raining after driving steady and punching it to pass. Water gets in there and blows through everything (yikes) it will clear itself. Good luck getting a dealer to "diagnose " it and repair. I have now 3 dealers "working" on the issue. I hand carried the TSB after no return call from my e-mailing the TSB to them as requested. They will dodge as long as they can. Don't ecpect Ford Corporate to be of any assistance either. IMHO Ford has screwed me over for the last time. I'd have better luck going to a Lincoln Tech, getting Diesel training, and fixing the Gosh Dang thing myself. my down payment for a 2012 F-350 will be proudly going to a 2012 Dodge I think. It's hard to say goodbye. I have been driving Fords for 17 years ( all of my driving life). Make your own determination but I am through. I am going to drive it until it blows up and Ford has to come get the hunk of metal. Sorry, a tad P.O'd as it has been raining for two days and the problem is fresh again in my mind.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am running into the same issue when passing or towing with my 6.4L Ford diesel. I got the new Charge Air Cooler under warranty. Yesterday the truck was really acting up. I was (white) smoking out the other cars as I passed or accelerated... with engine stumbling.

I just manually drained a quart of liquid from the fuel/water separator before liquid stopped coming out, per the owner maintenance DVD that came with the truck.

It is running perfectly today after I drained out that fuel/water liquid mix but it is not a good test, because today is dry outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.