Airbag code 18? Cannot Find problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Airbag code 18? Cannot Find problem

First off I am new to the forum. Hello all. I noticed there are a few people on this forum who know a lot about airbags systems. Here is my situation.

I bought an 08 King Ranch 6.4l wrecked. I replaced both front airbags, seatbelts, clockspring, had the module reset, and front crash sensor. Every part of the airbag system has been replaced. I am getting a flash code 18. Which the ford manual says it is a PAD code. The truck is a Crew cab therefore does not have a PAD switch. The airbags and the seatbelt I used to replace mine were from a used 08 f250. The module was the original module to the truck. Has anyone else ran into this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Has anyone ran into this problem before. Scan tool also shows airbag deactivation switch malfunction. Is it possible that the company that cleared the memory on my airbag control module reset it to a ex-cab or regular cab truck therefore making the module look for the switch.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
something is either messed up in the module, it was reprogrammed wrong or it's the wrong module for the vehicle

like you already said, PAD was in reg cabs and super cabs only
Old 11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it is the same module that come out of the truck. I just took it out again and sent it back to the same place to be reprogrammed again. Is it possible the seat belts being from an ex cab instead of a crew cab could send a different resistance to the module. Or could the passenger airbag be different between a ex cab and a crew cab. I figured the resistance should all be the same between models.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I can't answer that with 100% certainty. i would think resistances would be the same regardless of cab dimensions. different parts for different cabs would cause too much confusion, it would be much simpler to have different programs for different modules.

good luck with your findings, this goes beyond the realm of normal diagnosis
Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i sent the module back in and had it reprogrammed. same thing again. passenger airbag deactivation switch code. I dont know what else to do. Is it possible for the dealership to fix this problem. It makes no sense. how can you have a deactivation switch code with a crew cab truck. I even bought a 50 dollar switch and still has the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.