brand new 2010 is a hesitation off the line normal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 08:14 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
brand new 2010 is a hesitation off the line normal?

So, since I bought my new 2010 last week I have noticed that right off the line it won't build boost and takes off real slow until 5-10 mph when the boost kicks in. I've even tried brake standing it to build boost and it won't. At first I thought this must me programmed in to keep people from doing burnouts with a 30ft 5th wheel attached, but I can't find anyone else mentioning it. I've driven a dmax LBZ that was bone stock and it would roast all 4 in 4hi and I can't even chirp 2.
Is this normal, is it just a programmed in safety feature from ford? Will a spartan get rid of this?
I might sound like an azz, but its actually a problem when driving around in traffic, like if I'm making a left had turn, I see an opening, I hit the gas to take the opening and the truck takes its sweet old time until I'm halfway through the turn, then the boost finally kicks in.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

'09s are the same. Needs gentle pedal pressure off the line. Don't push over half way down. I have no idea why.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 AM

ok, so it is something programmed in by ford. Do you know if a tuner will change that?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG500 View Post
ok, so it is something programmed in by ford. Do you know if a tuner will change that?
Probably not, but I'm not sure. I'm just living with it.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The programming is to keep soot down, as that's when a majority of smoke occurs: off-idle, low boost, high load environments.

A straight pipe and a tuner will have your truck liquify the tires (along with emitting puffs of black smoke).
Old 08-05-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFascist View Post
The programming is to keep soot down, as that's when a majority of smoke occurs: off-idle, low boost, high load environments.

A straight pipe and a tuner will have your truck liquify the tires (along with emitting puffs of black smoke).

sounds like I need to budget for a spartan sooner than expected 8)
Old 08-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I can tell you from experience

I had the same issue. I drove 3 trucks all were the same but still like them and bought a 08. Then after 7K i decided to buy Spartan and the response is better for sure but not as good as the new 2011 trucks. Anyway, you will love Spartan and maybe other tuners but not sure as they will wake up your truck once the DPF is gone. I only run the 75hp tune and love it. Also, when you goto a Banks or other cold air intake you will also see better response. I have over 25K now with Spartan and nothing but happiness. Good luck.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm pretty sure any tuner will give you more of a jump off of the line. It's all about burning more fuel and fuel consumption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.